Generic Name and Formulations:
Valbenazine 40mg, 80mg; caps.
Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc.
Indications for INGREZZA:
Take with or without food. Initially 40mg once daily; increase to 80mg once daily after 1 week. For some patients, continuation of 40mg once daily may be considered. Moderate or severe hepatic impairment: 40mg once daily. Concomitant with strong CYP3A4 inducers: not recommended. Concomitant with strong CYP3A4 inhibitors: 40mg once daily. Concomitant with strong CYP2D6 inhibitors, poor CYP2D6 metabolizers: consider reducing dose.
Somnolence. Avoid in congenital long QT syndrome or arrhythmias associated with a prolonged QT interval. Poor CYP2D6 metabolizers. Severe renal impairment (CrCl <30mL/min): not recommended. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended (during and for 5 days after final dose).
Vesicular monoamine transporter 2 (VMAT2) inhibitor.
See Adults. Avoid concomitant with MAOIs (eg, isocarboxazid, phenelzine, selegiline). Potentiated by strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, itraconazole, ketoconazole, clarithromycin). May be potentiated by strong CYP2D6 inhibitors (eg, paroxetine, fluoxetine, quinidine). Antagonized by strong CYP3A4 inducers (eg, rifampin, carbamazepine, phenytoin, St. John's wort). Monitor digoxin levels; dose adjustment may be needed.
Somnolence, anticholinergic effects, balance disorders/fall, headache, akathisia, vomiting, nausea, arthralgia.
Caps 40mg—30, 90; 80mg—30
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Cushing Syndrome Results in Poor Quality of Life Even After Remission
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Nonfunctioning Adrenal Incidentaloma Associated With Metabolic Syndrome
- Low Predictive Power of Biomarkers for Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate Decline
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Link Between Gestational Diabetes and Risk for CVD and Diabetes in Hispanic/Latina Population
- Clinical Characteristics Altering Risks and Benefits of Sulfonylureas and Thiazolidinedione Therapy in T2D
- 6 Factors Related to Inclusion in Health Care Workplace Identified
- Weight Gain After Quitting Smoking May Increase Risk for T2D