INFANTS' MOTRIN CONCENTRATED DROPS OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Ibuprofen 50mg/1.25mL; berry-flavored susp; original or dye-free; alcohol-free.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Indications for INFANTS' MOTRIN CONCENTRATED DROPS:
Minor aches and pain. Fever.
Use appropriate formulation and give every 6–8 hours. <6months: not recommended. 12–17lbs: 50mg. 18–23lbs: 75mg. 24–35lbs: 100mg. 36–47lbs: 150mg. 48–59lbs: 200mg. 60–71lbs: 250mg. 72–95lbs: 300mg.
Aspirin allergy. Immediately before or after cardiac surgery.
Increased risk of severe stomach bleeding or persistent sore throat (do not use >2 days or children <3 years). History of GI disorders (eg, heartburn, bleeding ulcers). Increased risk of heart attack or failure, and stroke. Hypertension. Heart disease. Recent stroke. Liver cirrhosis. Renal disease. Asthma. Dehydration. Reevaluate if no relief within 24 hours of treatment; pain or fever persists or worsens >3 days. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
NSAID (propionic acid deriv.).
Avoid aspirin or other pain relievers. Increased risk of GI bleed with anticoagulants, corticosteroids, other OTC or Rx NSAID-containing products (eg, ibuprofen, naproxen, others), or prolonged use. Caution with diuretics.
GI upset/bleed, symptoms of heart problems or stroke (eg, trouble breathing, feel faint, slurred speech), redness, swelling, allergic reactions; discontinue if occur.
Susp—1oz, 4oz; Drops—½ oz, 1oz
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Cushing Syndrome Results in Poor Quality of Life Even After Remission
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Nonfunctioning Adrenal Incidentaloma Associated With Metabolic Syndrome
- Low Predictive Power of Biomarkers for Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate Decline
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Link Between Gestational Diabetes and Risk for CVD and Diabetes in Hispanic/Latina Population
- Clinical Characteristics Altering Risks and Benefits of Sulfonylureas and Thiazolidinedione Therapy in T2D
- 6 Factors Related to Inclusion in Health Care Workplace Identified
- Weight Gain After Quitting Smoking May Increase Risk for T2D