This study sought to further examine the association between migraine and subclinical hypothyroidism.
Findings do not support a role for subclinical thyroid dysfunction as a biomarker for bone-related outcomes in older men.
Study aimed to evaluate the benefits of levothytoxine treatment on pregnancy outcomes in subclinical hypothyroid pregnant women who are negative for thyroid peroxidase antibody.
Thyroid ultrasonography, which may lead to the discovery of incidental nodules, anxiety, and high cost, is not required in evaluation for hypothyroidism.
Both over- and undertreatment of congenital hypothyroidism can result in negative behavioral outcomes.
Screening programs that measure T4 with reflex TSH in newborns with T4 below a specified cutoff have the potential to detect central congenital hypothyroidism (CCH) and have shown a higher prevalence of CCH than previously thought.
Maternal thyroid function and weight gain in early pregnancy were associated with hypothyroidism, but not hyperthyroidism.
Adult patients with obesity and hypothyroidism have lower-than-average sleep oxygen saturation.
Researchers examined the safety and efficacy of daily vs weekly levothyroxine therapy for hypothyroidism in young and middle aged adults.
Miscarriage risk before 20 weeks of gestation is higher among women with untreated subclinical hypothyroidism.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Single Blood Sample Highly Predictive for Subsequent Diabetes Diagnosis
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- Effect of Fructose, Allulose on Postprandial Glucose Regulation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Sex Hormone Levels May Affect Postmenopausal Heart Disease Risk
- Fenofibrate Improves Cholesterol Levels in Type 2 Diabetes
- Diabetes Treatments
- Metformin May Decrease Colorectal Cancer Risk Among Males With Diabetes
- SGLT2 Inhibitor, GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Combination Treatment for Type 2 Diabetes: Expert Insights
- Semaglutide May Induce Weight Loss in Type 2 Diabetes Despite BMI
- FDA Clears Omnipod DASH System for Diabetes Management
- CDC: Obesity Prevalence Higher in Non-Metropolitan Counties
- Vascular Mortality Declining in Adults With Diabetes in the United States
- CVS Pharmacy Launches Prescription Delivery Service Nationwide
- Led by AG Sessions, DOJ Declines to Defend ACA Against Federal Lawsuit
- Kidney Function Decline Occurs Nearly Twice as Fast in Diabetes