Patients with higher levels of thyroid-stimulating hormone were more likely to experience atrial tachyarrhythmia after catheter ablation for atrial fibrillation.
There are 14 states that perform a routine second screening in infants at approximately 2 weeks of age.
The association between maternal thyroid function in early pregnancy and child neurodevelopment was examined.
Investigators reviewed cases of patients with multiple sclerosis treated with alemtuzumab to determine the type and frequency of thyroid dysfunction.
The Endocrine Society, European Society of Endocrinology, and Pediatric Endocrine Society issue guidelines for the management of hypothalamic-pituitary and growth disorders in childhood cancer survivors.
This study sought to further examine the association between migraine and subclinical hypothyroidism.
Findings do not support a role for subclinical thyroid dysfunction as a biomarker for bone-related outcomes in older men.
Study aimed to evaluate the benefits of levothytoxine treatment on pregnancy outcomes in subclinical hypothyroid pregnant women who are negative for thyroid peroxidase antibody.
Thyroid ultrasonography, which may lead to the discovery of incidental nodules, anxiety, and high cost, is not required in evaluation for hypothyroidism.
Both over- and undertreatment of congenital hypothyroidism can result in negative behavioral outcomes.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- ADA Releases Updated Guidelines for Managing Pediatric Type 1 Diabetes
- Relationship Between HbA1c and Coronary Artery Disease
- The Obesity Paradox in Diabetes: Conceptual and Clinical Approaches
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Nonfunctioning Adrenal Incidentaloma Associated With Metabolic Syndrome
- Low Predictive Power of Biomarkers for Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate Decline
- FDA to Review Gimoti for Diabetic Gastroparesis in Adult Women
- FDA Approves First Mobile App for Use in Preventing Pregnancy
- Hypothyroidism Predicts Atrial Tachyarrhythmia After AF Catheter Ablation
- Treating Painful Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy With Electroacupuncture