The therapy was also associated with reduced urinary calcium excretion and stable serum calcium concentration in patients with hypoparathyroidism.
PTH (1-84) for 7 years is linked to reduced calcium and calcitriol supplementation.
Shire announced the launch of Natpara (parathyroid hormone) for injection indicated as adjunct to calcium and vitamin D to control hypocalcemia in patients with hypoparathyroidism
The FDA has approved Natpara (parathyroid hormone) to control hypocalcemia in patients with hypoparathyroidism.
The FDA's Endocrinologic and Metabolic Drugs Advisory Committee voted to recommend approval of recombinant human parathyroid hormone for hypoparathyroidism.
Patients with hypoparathyroidism may benefit from treatment with recombinant human parathyroid hormone.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Clinicians May Be Overtreating Older Patients With Diabetes
- Obesity Risk in Infants Born to Women With Diabetes
- Increased Risk for Mortality in People With Diabetes, CHD Taking Beta-Blockers
- Autism Does Not Affect Metabolic Control in Type 1 Diabetes
- Nivolumab Associated With Thyroiditis in Patients With Cancer
- Gender-Related Association Between Physical Activity, Psychological Status in T2D
- Adverse Neurodevelopmental and Mental Health Outcomes in PCOS
- HbA1c Variability Predicts All-Cause Mortality in Type 2 Diabetes
- Choroidal Thickness Changes in Patients With Untreated Diabetes
- Pre-Pregnancy Fitness Lowers Gestational Diabetes Risk