The therapy was also associated with reduced urinary calcium excretion and stable serum calcium concentration in patients with hypoparathyroidism.
PTH (1-84) for 7 years is linked to reduced calcium and calcitriol supplementation.
Shire announced the launch of Natpara (parathyroid hormone) for injection indicated as adjunct to calcium and vitamin D to control hypocalcemia in patients with hypoparathyroidism
The FDA has approved Natpara (parathyroid hormone) to control hypocalcemia in patients with hypoparathyroidism.
The FDA's Endocrinologic and Metabolic Drugs Advisory Committee voted to recommend approval of recombinant human parathyroid hormone for hypoparathyroidism.
Patients with hypoparathyroidism may benefit from treatment with recombinant human parathyroid hormone.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diet Quality and Glycemic Control in Women With Gestational Diabetes
- Most Foods Containing Fructose Do Not Have Harmful Effect on Glycemic Control
- Effects of a Low-Carbohydrate Diet on Weight Loss Maintenance
- Unhealthy Lifestyle and Rotating Night Shifts Put Nurses at Higher Risk for T2D
- High-Deductible Insurance Linked to Delayed Care for Diabetes Complications
- Normalized HbA1c Levels Facilitate Improved Neuropathy Outcomes in T2D
- Parental Perception of Child Weight Status Predicted by Child BMI z Scores
- Fear Impacts Quality of Life for Young Adults With Type 1 Diabetes
- AMA Code of Medical Ethics Guides Physicians in Fighting Harmful Online Health Information
- Screening for Hyperglycemia Prior to Steroid Injections for Chronic Pain