Xyosted carries a Boxed Warning regarding blood pressure increases that may potentially increase the risk for major adverse cardiovascular events.
This finding suggests that clinicians should monitor anxiety among individuals with testosterone deficiency and XXY.
Investigators examine the onset of puberty and testicular function in prepubertal boys treated with oxandrolone.
Clinicians should use a total testosterone level below 300ng/dL as a reasonable cut-off in support of the diagnosis of low testosterone.
A number of adverse events or side effects have been reported, but this is the first report of hyperprolactinemia as the result of ingestion of kratom.
Testosterone therapy is recommended in men with hypogonadism to correct symptoms of testosterone deficiency. Men who are otherwise healthy do not need to be screened for hypogonadism.
Researchers tested whether semen quality and reproductive function could be a marker of general health in men.
Patients attending VA clinics may experience variability in testosterone prescribing practices for hypogonadism.
At 12 years of testosterone treatment, HbA1c decreased to 5.5±0.3%.
Low adherence to topical testosterone therapy has been linked to lowered total testosterone values and poor outcomes.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Heritability of BMI Stronger in Obesogenic Environments
- Maternal Gluten Intake Associated With Risk for Type 1 Diabetes in Offspring
- Bone-Derived Factors in the Treatment of Diabetes
- Deep Learning Algorithm Efficiently Detects Vision-Threatening Diabetic Retinopathy
- Thyroid Hormone Therapy Not Beneficial for Subclinical Hypothyroidism
- Bacillus Calmette-Guerin Vaccination Lowers HbA1c in Type 1 Diabetes
- Early Manifestations, Sex Differences May Aid in Acromegaly Diagnosis
- Predictive Variables for Permanent vs Transient Congenital Hypothyroidism
- Aetna-CVS Merger Approved
- The Progression of Health Care From Personalized Medicine to Wellness Genomics and Beyond