Hydralazine Tablets Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Hydralazine HCl 10mg, 25mg, 50mg, 100mg.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Hydralazine Tablets:
Initially 10mg 4 times daily for 2–4 days, then increase to 25mg 4 times daily for rest of 1st week, then to 50mg 4 times daily; max 300mg/day.
Initially 0.75mg/kg per day in 4 divided doses, increase gradually over 3–4 weeks; max 7.5mg/kg or 200mg daily.
Coronary artery disease. Mitral valve disease.
Suspected coronary artery disease. Cerebrovascular accidents. Aortic aneurysm. Increased intracranial pressure. Renal disease. Treat paresthesias and/or numbness with pyridoxine. Discontinue if blood dyscrasias occur. Obtain CBC and ANA titer periodically; consider discontinuing if SLE occurs. Surgery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Caution with MAOIs. Profound hypotension with potent parenteral antihypertensives (eg, diazoxide). Antagonized by NSAIDs. May block epinephrine.
Headache, anorexia, GI disturbances, palpitations, edema, flushing, nasal congestion, lacrimation, rash, tachycardia, angina, orthostatic hypotension, blood dyscrasias, peripheral neuritis, SLE.
Formerly known under the brand names Apresoline (inj, tabs); Dralzine (tabs).
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Updated Clinical Practice Guidelines on Testosterone Therapy in Men With Hypogonadism
- ACP Defends Higher Blood Glucose Targets for Type 2 Diabetes
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Once-Daily Oral Contraceptive for Men Shows Promise
- HbA1c Levels Affect Serum Phospholipids, Inflammation inT2D, CVD
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- Gastric Bypass Surgery Linked to Increased Risk for Nonvertebral Fractures
- Common Plant-Derived Oils May Contain Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals
- Red Meat Consumption Linked to Insulin Resistance and Steatohepatitis
- Effect of High Androgen Levels on Cardiovascular Risk in Postmenopausal Women
- Fertility in Women Negatively Affected by Asthma Medications
- Glucocorticoid Use in COPD Does Not Increase Fracture Risk