Beginning January 2, 2020, Novo Nordisk will be providing new pricing options for their insulin products in the US to support patients without insurance.
The new offerings include:
- $99.00 Cash Card Program for Analog Insulins: Patients will be allowed to purchase up to 3 vials or 2 packs of FlexPen/FlexTouch pens of any combination of Novo Nordisk analog insulins (3000-3600 Units total depending on brands) for $99.00.
- Authorized Generics of Novolog and Novolog Mix: Insulin Aspart and Insulin Aspart Protamine/Insulin Aspart (Insulin Aspart Mix) will be made available in vials and pens at a 50% reduced price compared to the current listed price of the branded versions:
- Insulin Aspart 10mL vial/1000 Units: $144.68
- Insulin Aspart 5x3mL Penfill/1500 Units: $268.73
- Insulin Aspart 5x3mL FlexPen/1500 Units: $279.41
- Insulin Aspart Mix 70/30 10mL vial/1000 Units: $150.06
- Insulin Aspart Mix 70/30 5x3mL FlexPen/1500 Units: $279.41
“People with diabetes need more affordable options and we are going to continue doing what we can now while also working with other healthcare stakeholders on longer-term system reform. For instance, we support the recent IRS ruling that classifies diabetes medications as preventive care. We believe this has the potential to help a significant number of people with diabetes from an affordability perspective,” said Doug Langa, executive vice president, North America Operations and president of Novo Nordisk Inc.
For more information visit novonordisk-us.com.
This article originally appeared on MPR