Generic Name and Formulations:
Chlorhexidine gluconate 4%; skin cleanser.
Molnlycke Health Care Inc.
Indications for HIBICLENS:
Skin wound and general skin cleansing. Surgical hand scrub. Healthcare personnel handwash. Patient preoperative skin preparation.
Adults and Children:
Rinse area, apply minimum amount to cover area, wash area and rinse thoroughly.
As patient preoperative skin preparation of the head or face. In contact with the meninges or in the genital area.
Discontinue if allergic reaction occurs. Avoid eyes, ears and mouth: can cause eye injury, deafness. Do not routinely treat wounds involving more than the superficial layers of the skin. Do not repeat general cleansing of large body areas except when advised by healthcare provider.
Irritation, sensitization, allergic reactions.
Liq—15mL, 4oz, 8oz, pt, qt, gal
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Behavioral Weight Loss Interventions May Prevent Obesity
- Executive Function Predicts T1D Management Into Emerging Adulthood
- Association Between Urine Complement Proteins and Kidney Disease, Mortality in T2D
- Intensive Blood Pressure Therapy Lowers Cardiovascular Risk in Diabetes
- Rates of Incident Type 2 Diabetes in Chronic Kidney Disease
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age
- LVAD in Heart Failure Linked to Improved Glycemic Control
- Fundamental Institutional Change Is Needed to Eliminate Sexual Harassment
- Gestational Diabetes Tied to Subsequent Glucose Disorders
- Association Health Plans Can Help Small Businesses Offer Coverage