Generic Name and Formulations:
Altretamine 50mg; caps.
Indications for HEXALEN:
Palliative treatment of persistent or recurrent ovarian cancer following first-line therapy with a cisplatin and/or alkylating agent-based combination.
260mg/m2 daily in four divided doses (after meals and at bedtime), for either 14 or 21 consecutive days in a 28-day cycle. Discontinue for >14 days if GI intolerance is unresponsive to treatment, WBC count <2000/mm3 or granulocyte count <1000/mm3, platelet count <75000/mm3, or progressive neurotoxicity occurs. Restart at 200mg/m2 daily. Discontinue indefinitely if neurologic symptoms fail to stabilize.
Severe myelosuppression or neurologic toxicity, except cisplatin-related neuropathy.
Monitor for myelosuppression (do monthly CBCs) and neurotoxicity. Pregnancy (Cat.D). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid pyridoxine. Severe orthostatic hypotension with MAOIs.
Nausea, vomiting, peripheral neuropathy, CNS symptoms (eg, mood disorders, ataxia, dizziness), myelosuppression, renal dysfunction, increased alkaline phosphatase.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Effect of HbA1c and Perioperative Glucose on Postoperative Mortality
- GLP-1 Agonists Superior to DPP-4 Inhibitors for Reducing HbA1c, Weight in T2D
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Effect of Growth Hormone Treatment on BMD in Adults With Prader-Willi Syndrome
- Case for Continuous Glucose Monitoring in Youth-Onset Type 2 Diabetes
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- Pioglitazone May Reduce Cardiovascular, Noncardiovascular Mortality in T2D
- HbA1c Levels Affect Serum Phospholipids, Inflammation inT2D, CVD
- No Cardiovascular Benefit With Fenofibrate in T2D and Hypertriglyceridemia
- Cardiovascular Function May Improve After Cure of Cushing Syndrome
- Primary Prevention Outcomes With Aspirin in T2D and Heart Failure
- Greater Bone Formation With Teriparatide vs Zoledronic Acid in Osteoporosis