HEMOFIL M Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Antihemophilic Factor VIII (human) 220–400 IU, 401–800 IU, 801–1700 IU, 1701–2000 IU; per bottle; dried concentrate for IV infusion after reconstitution; contains albumin.
Indications for HEMOFIL M:
Prevention and control of hemorrhagic episodes in Hemophilia A.
Adults and Children:
Dosage Required (IU) = Body Weight (kg) × Desired % Factor VIII Increase × 0.5. Individualize. Infuse at rate of up to 10mL/min. Monitor pulse rate; if increased significantly, reduce infusion rate or hold. Hemorrhage: Mild: obtain 20–40% FVIII increase; give every 12–24hrs for 1–3 days until resolved. Moderate: obtain 30–60% FVIII increase; give every 12–24hrs for 3 days or until pain or disability resolved. Life-threatening: obtain 60–100% FVIII increase; give every 8–24hrs until resolved. Surgery: Minor: obtain 60–80% FVIII increase; give single infusion plus oral antifibrinolytic therapy within 1 hour; Major: pre- and post-op: obtain 80–100% FVIII increase; repeat every 8–24hrs based on healing.
Mouse protein sensitivity.
Not for von Willebrand's disease. Confirm Factor VIII deficiency prior to treatment. Contains human plasma; monitor for possible infection transmission. Monitor for development of Factor VIII inhibitors. Latex allergy. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
Allergic reactions, nausea, fever, chills, urticaria, antibody formation.
Report all infections suspected to be transmitted by Hemofil M to (800) 423-2862.
Single-dose bottle—1 (w. diluent, needles)
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- GLP-1 Agonists Superior to DPP-4 Inhibitors for Reducing HbA1c, Weight in T2D
- Effect of HbA1c and Perioperative Glucose on Postoperative Mortality
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Once-Daily Oral Contraceptive for Men Shows Promise
- Reducing Total Daily Insulin Dose in T2D: 3-Meal vs 6-Meal Diet
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- Gastric Bypass Surgery Linked to Increased Risk for Nonvertebral Fractures
- Effect of High Androgen Levels on Cardiovascular Risk in Postmenopausal Women
- Fertility in Women Negatively Affected by Asthma Medications
- Glucocorticoid Use in COPD Does Not Increase Fracture Risk
- Drug Copayments Often Cost More Than Prescription Drugs
- Closed-Loop Insulin Delivery Offers Best Outcomes for Pregnant Women With T1D