Generic Name and Formulations:
Emicizumab-kxwh 30mg/mL, 60mg/0.4mL, 105mg/0.7mL, 150mg/mL; per vial; soln for SC inj; preservative-free.
Indications for HEMLIBRA:
Routine prophylaxis to prevent or reduce the frequency of bleeding episodes in patients with hemophilia A with factor VIII inhibitors.
Adults and Children:
Do not inj into moles, scars, tender skin, bruised, red, hard or not intact skin areas. Give by SC inj into upper outer arms, thighs, or any abdomen quadrant; rotate inj sites. 3mg/kg once weekly for first 4 weeks, then 1.5mg/kg once weekly.
Thrombotic microangiopathy and thromboembolism can occur when average cumulative of >100U/kg per 24hrs of activated prothrombin complex concentrate (aPCC) was given for ≥24hrs. Females of reproductive potential should use effective contraception during treatment. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Risk of thrombotic microangiopathy and thromboembolism with concomitant aPCC; monitor and immediately discontinue if occurs. May interfere with coagulation lab tests (eg, ACT, aPTT, aPTT-based assays, Bethesda assays [clotting-based] for FVIII inhibitor titers). Possible hypercoagulability with concomitant recombinant FVIIa or FVIII.
Bispecific factor IXa- and factor X-directed antibody.
Inj site reactions, headache, arthralgia, pyrexia, diarrhea, myalgia; thrombotic microangiopathy, thromboembolism.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- ACP Defends Higher Blood Glucose Targets for Type 2 Diabetes
- Updated Clinical Practice Guidelines on Testosterone Therapy in Men With Hypogonadism
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Once-Daily Oral Contraceptive for Men Shows Promise
- HbA1c Levels Affect Serum Phospholipids, Inflammation inT2D, CVD
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- Gastric Bypass Surgery Linked to Increased Risk for Nonvertebral Fractures
- Common Plant-Derived Oils May Contain Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals
- Red Meat Consumption Linked to Insulin Resistance and Steatohepatitis
- Effect of High Androgen Levels on Cardiovascular Risk in Postmenopausal Women
- Fertility in Women Negatively Affected by Asthma Medications
- Glucocorticoid Use in COPD Does Not Increase Fracture Risk