Generic Name and Formulations:
Sodium hyaluronate 5000 23mg/mL; viscoelastic soln for intraocular use.
Indications for HEALON5:
Inject through a fine cannula into the eye. Amount varies depending on surgery, repeated inj may be required. One syringe of 0.6mL is usually sufficient in anterior segment surgery.
Single use only; reuse may cause inflammatory reaction. Glaucoma; consider prophylactic pressure-lowering treatment. Complete removal of soln necessary to avoid intraocular pressure peaks post-op.
Ophthalmic viscosurgical device.
Incompatibility, resulting in opalescence, between sodium hyaluronate and solutions containing quaternary ammonium ions (eg, detergents, benzalkonium chloride).
Transient rise in intraocular pressure, myopic shift (if product not completely removed).
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diet Quality and Glycemic Control in Women With Gestational Diabetes
- Most Foods Containing Fructose Do Not Have Harmful Effect on Glycemic Control
- Effects of a Low-Carbohydrate Diet on Weight Loss Maintenance
- Hypothyroidism Treatment No Longer Available
- Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals in Personal Care Products Linked to Early Puberty
- Normalized HbA1c Levels Facilitate Improved Neuropathy Outcomes in T2D
- Parental Perception of Child Weight Status Predicted by Child BMI z Scores
- Fear Impacts Quality of Life for Young Adults With Type 1 Diabetes
- Five-Year Efficacy Data Announced for Liletta Intrauterine System
- AMA Code of Medical Ethics Guides Physicians in Fighting Harmful Online Health Information