HEALON GV Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Sodium hyaluronate 7000 14mg/mL; viscoelastic soln for intraocular use.
Indications for HEALON GV:
Inject through a fine cannula into the eye. Amount varies depending on surgery, repeated inj may be required. Total amount is usually <1mL in anterior segment surgery.
Single use only; reuse may cause inflammatory reaction. Glaucoma; consider prophylactic pressure-lowering treatment. Complete removal of soln necessary to avoid intraocular pressure peaks post-op.
Ophthalmic viscosurgical device.
Incompatibility, resulting in opalescence, between sodium hyaluronate and solutions containing quaternary ammonium ions (eg, detergents, benzalkonium chloride).
Transient rise in intraocular pressure, myopic shift (if product not completely removed).
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Relationship Between HbA1c and Coronary Artery Disease
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Nonfunctioning Adrenal Incidentaloma Associated With Metabolic Syndrome
- Cushing Syndrome Results in Poor Quality of Life Even After Remission
- Low Predictive Power of Biomarkers for Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate Decline
- FDA to Review Gimoti for Diabetic Gastroparesis in Adult Women
- FDA Approves First Mobile App for Use in Preventing Pregnancy
- Hypothyroidism Predicts Atrial Tachyarrhythmia After AF Catheter Ablation
- Treating Painful Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy With Electroacupuncture