HEALON GV Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Sodium hyaluronate 7000 14mg/mL; viscoelastic soln for intraocular use.
Indications for HEALON GV:
Inject through a fine cannula into the eye. Amount varies depending on surgery, repeated inj may be required. Total amount is usually <1mL in anterior segment surgery.
Single use only; reuse may cause inflammatory reaction. Glaucoma; consider prophylactic pressure-lowering treatment. Complete removal of soln necessary to avoid intraocular pressure peaks post-op.
Ophthalmic viscosurgical device.
Incompatibility, resulting in opalescence, between sodium hyaluronate and solutions containing quaternary ammonium ions (eg, detergents, benzalkonium chloride).
Transient rise in intraocular pressure, myopic shift (if product not completely removed).
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diet Quality and Glycemic Control in Women With Gestational Diabetes
- Most Foods Containing Fructose Do Not Have Harmful Effect on Glycemic Control
- Effects of a Low-Carbohydrate Diet on Weight Loss Maintenance
- Unhealthy Lifestyle and Rotating Night Shifts Put Nurses at Higher Risk for T2D
- Comparative Assessment of Diabetes Outcomes With Physician, NP, PA Providers
- Normalized HbA1c Levels Facilitate Improved Neuropathy Outcomes in T2D
- Parental Perception of Child Weight Status Predicted by Child BMI z Scores
- Fear Impacts Quality of Life for Young Adults With Type 1 Diabetes
- Five-Year Efficacy Data Announced for Liletta Intrauterine System
- AMA Code of Medical Ethics Guides Physicians in Fighting Harmful Online Health Information