Generic Name and Formulations:
Halcinonide 0.1%; oint; crm; soln.
Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for HALOG:
Adults and Children:
Apply sparingly 2–3 times daily or 1–3 times (E crm) daily.
Do not use superpotent forms on face, groin, or axillae. Exclude viral disease (eg, chickenpox, measles).
Treat infection if present; discontinue if infection persists or worsens. Do not use near eyes, or on diaper dermatitis or pre-existing skin atrophy. Do not use fluorinated steroids longer than 1 week on the face. Avoid abrupt cessation in chronic use. Systemic absorption increased by broken or inflamed skin, prolonged use, application to large surface area, or use of occlusive dressings. Occlude only if necessary; do not occlude higher potency products. Monitor adrenal function in children if a high potency product or occlusion is used, and in adults if more than 50g weekly of a high potency product is used. Discontinue or reduce dose or potency if HPA axis suppression, Cushing's syndrome, hyperglycemia, glucosuria, or irritation occurs. Use lowest effective dose and potency (esp. in children). Use caution if applying to face or body folds. Do not use continuously or for prophylaxis. Foams are flammable. Reevaluate periodically. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Burning, stinging, pruritus, erythema, skin atrophy, striae, miliaria, secondary infections, hypopigmentation, folliculitis, hypertrichosis, acneiform eruptions, dermal cracking and fissuring, telangiectasia, contact dermatitis, other local effects, immunosuppression, masks infections, HPA axis suppression (esp. in children).
Emollient crm formerly known under the brand name Halog-E.
Oint, crm—15g, 30g, 60g, 240g; Soln—20mL, 60mL; Emollient crm–contact supplier
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Insulin Analogs vs Regular Human Insulin for Type 2 Diabetes
- Trends in Bisphosphonate Use and Hip Fracture Rates in Denmark
- Gender-Affirming Hormonal Treatment and Long-Term Bone Safety
- Primary Characteristics of PCOS Predictive of Obstetric Complications
- Maternal Thyroid Function in Pregnancy Linked to Childhood Risk for Disease
- Sleep Habits Affect Insulin Sensitivity in Adolescents With Overweight, Obesity
- Levothyroxine Associated With Increased Mortality in Patients With Heart Failure
- Head-to-Head Comparison of Professional vs Personal CGM Systems in T1D
- Dual vs Triple Therapy for Metformin Treatment Intensification in Type 2 Diabetes
- Familial Hypercholesterolemia: An Underdiagnosed Disease Gets a Second Look
- FDA Committee Votes on Oral T1D Treatment Sotagliflozin
- Elevated Plasma Agouti-Related Protein May Be a Marker for Cushing Disease
- Therapeutic Effect of Long-Chain PUFA Omega 3 Supplementation in Obese Children
- Poor Health Outcomes Associated With Fear of Crime, Violence Among College Students of Color
- Safety of PCSK9 Inhibitors After Heart Transplantation Examined