GESTICARE DHA Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Thiamine 3mg, riboflavin 3mg, niacinamide 20mg, pyridoxine HCl 50mg, folic acid 1mg, Vit. B12 8mcg, Vit. C (as ascorbic acid) 120mg, Vit. D3 410 IU, Vit. E 30 IU, calcium (as carbonate) 200mg, iodine (as potassium iodide) 150mcg, iron (as ferrous fumarate) 27mg, zinc (as oxide) 15mg, choline (as bitartrate) 55mg; tabs. Docosahexaenoic acid [from Algal oil (C.cohnii)] 250mg; caps; contains gelatin.
Indications for GESTICARE DHA:
Nutritional supplement in pregnancy, prenatal, and postnatal periods.
1 tab and 1 DHA cap daily.
Treatment of pernicious anemia. Hemochromatosis.
Folic acid may mask pernicious anemia. DHA: bleeding diatheses.
Iron, calcium block tetracycline absorption. Antagonizes levodopa. DHA: avoid anticoagulants.
Blister cards (5 tabs + 5 caps)—6
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- ACP Defends Higher Blood Glucose Targets for Type 2 Diabetes
- Updated Clinical Practice Guidelines on Testosterone Therapy in Men With Hypogonadism
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Once-Daily Oral Contraceptive for Men Shows Promise
- HbA1c Levels Affect Serum Phospholipids, Inflammation inT2D, CVD
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- Gastric Bypass Surgery Linked to Increased Risk for Nonvertebral Fractures
- Common Plant-Derived Oils May Contain Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals
- Red Meat Consumption Linked to Insulin Resistance and Steatohepatitis
- Effect of High Androgen Levels on Cardiovascular Risk in Postmenopausal Women
- Fertility in Women Negatively Affected by Asthma Medications
- Glucocorticoid Use in COPD Does Not Increase Fracture Risk