GESTICARE DHA Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Thiamine 3mg, riboflavin 3mg, niacinamide 20mg, pyridoxine HCl 50mg, folic acid 1mg, Vit. B12 8mcg, Vit. C (as ascorbic acid) 120mg, Vit. D3 410 IU, Vit. E 30 IU, calcium (as carbonate) 200mg, iodine (as potassium iodide) 150mcg, iron (as ferrous fumarate) 27mg, zinc (as oxide) 15mg, choline (as bitartrate) 55mg; tabs. Docosahexaenoic acid [from Algal oil (C.cohnii)] 250mg; caps; contains gelatin.
Indications for GESTICARE DHA:
Nutritional supplement in pregnancy, prenatal, and postnatal periods.
1 tab and 1 DHA cap daily.
Treatment of pernicious anemia. Hemochromatosis.
Folic acid may mask pernicious anemia. DHA: bleeding diatheses.
Iron, calcium block tetracycline absorption. Antagonizes levodopa. DHA: avoid anticoagulants.
Blister cards (5 tabs + 5 caps)—6
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Behavioral Weight Loss Interventions May Prevent Obesity
- Executive Function Predicts T1D Management Into Emerging Adulthood
- Association Between Urine Complement Proteins and Kidney Disease, Mortality in T2D
- Intensive Blood Pressure Therapy Lowers Cardiovascular Risk in Diabetes
- Rates of Incident Type 2 Diabetes in Chronic Kidney Disease
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age
- LVAD in Heart Failure Linked to Improved Glycemic Control
- Fundamental Institutional Change Is Needed to Eliminate Sexual Harassment
- Gestational Diabetes Tied to Subsequent Glucose Disorders
- Association Health Plans Can Help Small Businesses Offer Coverage