Current oral contraceptive products contain lower doses of estrogen than those used in the past, prompting reconsideration of risks and benefits.
Researchers described signs and symptoms in the years prior to acromegaly diagnosis and reported on differences between men and women in their clinical manifestations.
Diazoxide treatment in children with congenital hyperinsulinism is associated most commonly with neutropenia, but also carries a risk for pulmonary hypertension.
The Company is investigating the treatment as a combination with nab-paclitaxel (Abraxane; Celgene) for pancreatic cancers and other solid tumors.
One-third of the women enrolled in Michigan's Medicaid expansion program reported improved access to birth control and family planning services.
There is a reduction in ovarian cancer risk associated with use of contemporary combined hormonal contraceptives.
The upper level of vitamin D recommended by the Endocrine Society can result in frequent hypercalciuria.
First-phase and glucose-potentiation of arginine-induced insulin secretion as assessed by acute C-peptide responses improved after the initiation of ivacaftor in children with cystic fibrosis.
Increases in use of one or more contraceptive methods, dual-method use, long-acting reversibles.
1 in 3 women of reproductive age report better ability to access birth control, family planning services.
The prenatal sex steroid theory hypothesizes that women with PCOS would have heightened autistic traits and an increased rate of autism among their children.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Heritability of BMI Stronger in Obesogenic Environments
- Maternal Gluten Intake Associated With Risk for Type 1 Diabetes in Offspring
- Bone-Derived Factors in the Treatment of Diabetes
- Deep Learning Algorithm Efficiently Detects Vision-Threatening Diabetic Retinopathy
- Thyroid Hormone Therapy Not Beneficial for Subclinical Hypothyroidism
- Bacillus Calmette-Guerin Vaccination Lowers HbA1c in Type 1 Diabetes
- Early Manifestations, Sex Differences May Aid in Acromegaly Diagnosis
- Predictive Variables for Permanent vs Transient Congenital Hypothyroidism
- Aetna-CVS Merger Approved
- The Progression of Health Care From Personalized Medicine to Wellness Genomics and Beyond