Health care providers should offer family planning counseling to all women after spontaneous abortion, remaining responsive to individual patient needs.
Study provides evidence that DPP-4 inhibitors are not associated with an increased risk of acute pancreatitis in older adults overall. The positive association observed in patients with CVD could be due to chance or bias but merits further investigation.
The new Essure labeling restricts the sale and distribution of the device to only health care providers and facilities that provide information to patients about the risks and benefits of this device.
Results so far (at week 24) show more than half of patients who received Eylea experienced a 2-step or greater improvement from baseline on the DRSS vs. patients who received a sham injection (58% vs 6%; P<0.0001).
Researchers used a food frequency questionnaire and a detailed meat questionnaire to measure meat type and cooking method.
Abnormal ratios of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids were associated with the presence of bipolar disorder and the severity and duration of major depressive disorder.
Patients with metabolic syndrome have a lower rate of recovery from sudden sensorineural hearing loss than those without.
Higher concentrations of perfluoroalkyl substances are associated with greater weight regain in a diet-induced weight-loss setting.
A combination of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and antipsychotics does not lead to further deterioration of metabolic variables; however, metabolic monitoring should be performed.
Researchers used the Family Planning Estimation Tool to evaluate the performance of 68 of the 69 countries involved in the Family Planning 2020 initiative.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Soluble Klotho Levels Predictive of Kidney Failure in Type 2 Diabetes
- HbA1c Levels Predictive of Liraglutide Treatment Response in T2D
- Comorbid and Pharmacologic Factors Increase Risk for Gastrointestinal Disorders in Diabetes
- ADA Updates Guidelines for Cardiovascular Risk Management in Diabetes
- Clinicians May Be Overtreating Older Patients With Diabetes
- USPSTF Issues Recommendation for Vitamin D, Calcium Supplementation for Fracture Prevention
- Obesity Risk in Infants Born to Women With Diabetes
- Insulin-Treated Diabetes Reduces Dysglycemia-Related Mortality in Sepsis
- Increased Risk for Mortality in People With Diabetes, CHD Taking Beta-Blockers
- Oxyntomodulin Augments Glucose Homeostasis