Current oral contraceptive products contain lower doses of estrogen than those used in the past, prompting reconsideration of risks and benefits.
The algorithm was designed to account for sperm survival, variation in cycle length, ovulation day, temperature fluctuations and the length of the follicular and luteal phases of the menstrual cycle.
Although patients reach clinical and biochemical remission, patients exposed to hypercortisolism do not show functional remission.
The safety and efficacy of Annovera was evaluated in 3 open-label clinical trials involving healthy women (ages 18 to 40).
In patients with hypotonic polyuria, the direct measurement of hypertonic saline-stimulated plasma copeptin has better diagnostic accuracy than the water-deprivation test.
The treatment goals for Cushing syndrome are to normalize cortisol levels, reverse clinical symptoms, and if possible to remove the secreting neoplasm.
International evidence-based guidelines include 166 recommendations and practice points to improve health outcomes of women with PCOS.
Investigators examine the association between various skin conditions and metabolic syndrome.
Investigators assessed the association of hepatitis B infection and pancreatic cancer, along with predictors of pancreatic cancer and mortality.
Men with migraines were found to have increased levels of estradiol and to be more likely to have relative androgen deficiency compared with men without migraines.
Adolescent and young adult cancer survivors have a 73 percent higher risk of endocrine diseases.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Relationship Between HbA1c and Coronary Artery Disease
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Nonfunctioning Adrenal Incidentaloma Associated With Metabolic Syndrome
- Bone Mineral Density Loss Eventually Stabilizes in Men With Type 1 Diabetes
- Low Predictive Power of Biomarkers for Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate Decline
- FDA to Review Gimoti for Diabetic Gastroparesis in Adult Women
- FDA Approves First Mobile App for Use in Preventing Pregnancy
- Hypothyroidism Predicts Atrial Tachyarrhythmia After AF Catheter Ablation
- Treating Painful Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy With Electroacupuncture