GARDASIL 9 Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
9-valent human papillomavirus (HPV) types 6, 11, 16, 18, 31, 33, 45, 52, and 58 vaccine; recombinant; aluminum adsorbed, susp for IM inj; preservative-free.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for GARDASIL 9:
In females 9–45yrs old, to prevent cervical, vulvar, vaginal and anal cancer caused by HPV types 16, 18, 31, 33, 45, 52, and 58; genital warts caused by HPV types 6 and 11; cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN) grades 2 and 3 and cervical adenocarcinoma in situ (AIS), cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN) grade 1, vulvar intraepithelial neoplasia (VIN) grades 2 and 3, vaginal intraepithelial neoplasia (VaIN) grades 2 and 3, and anal intraepithelial neoplasia (AIN) grades 1, 2, and 3 caused by HPV types 6, 11, 16, 18, 31, 33, 45, 52, and 58. In males 9–45yrs old, to prevent anal cancer caused by HPV types 16, 18, 31, 33, 45, 52, and 58; genital warts caused by HPV types 6 and 11; and anal intraepithelial neoplasia (AIN) grades 1, 2, and 3 caused by HPV types 6, 11, 16, 18, 31, 33, 45, 52, and 58.
Limitations Of use:
Not a substitute for routine cervical or anal cancer screening. Not for protection against disease from vaccine HPV types through exposure to sexual activity or diseases due to HPV types other than 6, 11, 16, 18, 31, 33, 45, 52, and 58. Not for treating external genital lesions; cervical, vulvar, vaginal, and anal cancers; CIN; VIN; VaIN; or AIN. May not protect all vaccine recipients.
Adults and Children:
Give by IM inj in deltoid or upper thigh. Each dose is 0.5mL. <9yrs: not established. 9–14yrs: 2-dose regimen: give 1st dose at elected date, 2nd dose 6–12mos after the 1st dose (if the 2nd dose is given earlier than 5mos after the 1st dose, administer a 3rd dose at least 4mos after the 2nd dose). Or, 9–45yrs: 3-dose regimen: give 1st dose at elected date, 2nd dose 2mos after the 1st dose, and 3rd dose 6mos after the 1st dose. Monitor patients for 15mins after administration.
Immunosuppressed. Have treatment available to manage anaphylactic reactions. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Immunosuppressants: may get suboptimal response.
Inj site reactions, headache, pyrexia, nausea, dizziness; post-administration syncope (may be associated with tonic-clonic movements and other seizure-like activity).
Register pregnant patients exposed to Gardasil 9 by calling (800) 986-8999.
Single-dose vials—10; Prefilled syringes (w. tip caps)—10
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diet Quality and Glycemic Control in Women With Gestational Diabetes
- Most Foods Containing Fructose Do Not Have Harmful Effect on Glycemic Control
- Effects of a Low-Carbohydrate Diet on Weight Loss Maintenance
- Sleep Quality in Women With Surgical vs Natural Menopause
- Unhealthy Lifestyle and Rotating Night Shifts Put Nurses at Higher Risk for T2D
- Hypothyroidism Treatment No Longer Available
- Obesity Subtype May Determine Outcomes After Bariatric Surgery
- Few Physicians Work in Practices That Use Telemedicine
- Skin Autofluorescence Predicts T2D, Heart Disease, Mortality
- ACC: Smoking Cessation Expert Decision Pathway Emphasizes Team-Based Support