Increased odds of fractures in pediatric patients with asthma may be associated with systemic corticosteroid use, but not with inhaled corticosteroid use.
A femoral stress index assessment evaluates fracture risk in children as effectively as femoral and total body bone mineral density.
A single bone mineral density measure and fracture history can predict long-term fracture risk in older women.
According to a study published in the Journal of Bone and Mineral Research, researchers hypothesized that serum K-Postn levels may be able to predict low-trauma fractures.
Frailty fracture risk, not overall fracture risk, was increased with intensive lifestyle intervention in diabetes.
Daytime sleepiness and poor quality of sleep affect recurrent fall risk in the elderly.
Twenty minutes per day of walking or bicycling were associated with a lower rate of fracture.
A pooled analysis examined the rates of amputation and fracture in patients with type 2 diabetes prescribed empagliflozin.
A 2.5 times higher fracture risk was noted among elderly patients taking sleeping pills.
Long-term denosumab increased bone mineral density in postmenopausal women.
Women who had taken oral contraceptives for more than 5 years had the lowest risk for fracture.
Study examines the predictive value for vertebral fractures of bone mineral density and bone turnover markers after a 5-year drug holiday.
The risk of developing fracture in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis who discontinued bisphosphonate therapy was evaluated in a retrospective study.
Patients with psoriatic arthritis or psoriasis had an increased prevalence of osteoporosis risk factors.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Clinicians May Be Overtreating Older Patients With Diabetes
- Obesity Risk in Infants Born to Women With Diabetes
- Increased Risk for Mortality in People With Diabetes, CHD Taking Beta-Blockers
- Autism Does Not Affect Metabolic Control in Type 1 Diabetes
- Nivolumab Associated With Thyroiditis in Patients With Cancer
- Gender-Related Association Between Physical Activity, Psychological Status in T2D
- Adverse Neurodevelopmental and Mental Health Outcomes in PCOS
- HbA1c Variability Predicts All-Cause Mortality in Type 2 Diabetes
- Choroidal Thickness Changes in Patients With Untreated Diabetes
- Pre-Pregnancy Fitness Lowers Gestational Diabetes Risk