Increased odds of fractures in pediatric patients with asthma may be associated with systemic corticosteroid use, but not with inhaled corticosteroid use.
A femoral stress index assessment evaluates fracture risk in children as effectively as femoral and total body bone mineral density.
A single bone mineral density measure and fracture history can predict long-term fracture risk in older women.
According to a study published in the Journal of Bone and Mineral Research, researchers hypothesized that serum K-Postn levels may be able to predict low-trauma fractures.
Frailty fracture risk, not overall fracture risk, was increased with intensive lifestyle intervention in diabetes.
Daytime sleepiness and poor quality of sleep affect recurrent fall risk in the elderly.
Twenty minutes per day of walking or bicycling were associated with a lower rate of fracture.
A pooled analysis examined the rates of amputation and fracture in patients with type 2 diabetes prescribed empagliflozin.
A 2.5 times higher fracture risk was noted among elderly patients taking sleeping pills.
Long-term denosumab increased bone mineral density in postmenopausal women.
Women who had taken oral contraceptives for more than 5 years had the lowest risk for fracture.
Study examines the predictive value for vertebral fractures of bone mineral density and bone turnover markers after a 5-year drug holiday.
The risk of developing fracture in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis who discontinued bisphosphonate therapy was evaluated in a retrospective study.
Patients with psoriatic arthritis or psoriasis had an increased prevalence of osteoporosis risk factors.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Subclinical Hypothyroidism: Controversies in Testing and Treatment
- Favorable Outcomes With Second-Generation Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Fatigue Management Contributes to Effective Endometriosis Care
- Assessment of Low-Dose Aspirin As Chemoprevention in Type 2 Diabetes
- Treatment With Alemtuzumab May Frequently Induce Thyroid Dysfunction
- Using Latent Class Trajectory Analysis to Determine Glucose Response Curve Patterns
- First CGM System With Implantable Glucose Sensor Approved
- Risk for Below Knee Amputations With Canagliflozin vs Other Antihyperglycemic Agents
- Empagliflozin, Linagliptin Combination Therapy vs Linagliptin Monotherapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- Two Phases of C-Peptide Decline Identified in Type I Diabetes
- Adjunctive Aripiprazole Lowers Prolactin Levels in Women With Psychosis
- When Physicians Become Patients: Challenges in Seeking Health Care
- Statin Use and Cardiovascular Risk Perception Varies Among Races
- Impact of a Longer Work Week on Diabetes Incidence
- Relationship Between Estradiol Level and Mortality in Elderly Men