Generic Name and Formulations:
Pralatrexate 20mg/mL; soln for IV inj; preservative-free.
Spectrum Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for FOLOTYN:
Relapsed or refractory peripheral T-cell lymphoma.
Prior to administration: mucositis should be ≤Grade 1, platelets should be ≥100,000/μL for first dose and ≥50,000/μL for subsequent doses, absolute neutrophil count should be ≥1,000/μL. Give by IV push over 3–5min. 30mg/m2 once weekly for 6 weeks in 7-week cycles. Continue until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity develops. Supplement with vitamin B12 (1mg IM every 8–10 weeks, starting within 10 weeks before first Folotyn dose) and folic acid (1–1.25mg orally daily, beginning 10 days before starting Folotyn and for 30 days after stopping). Severe renal impairment (CrCL 15–<30mL/min): 15mg/m2. Dose modifications for toxicities: see full labeling.
End stage renal disease (including dialysis): avoid, unless benefit justifies potential risk for toxicity. Omit and/or reduce dose to manage toxicities (eg, hematological, mucositis, hepatic impairment); see full labeling. Monitor CBCs and for mucositis at baseline and weekly. Monitor serum chemistry, renal and hepatic function before the 1st and 4th dose per cycle. Monitor for dermatological reactions; withhold dose or discontinue if severe. Monitor patients at increased risk of tumor lysis syndrome. Renal or hepatic impairment. Embryo-fetal toxicity. Pregnancy (Cat.D), nursing mothers: not recommended.
Folate analogue inhibitor.
May be potentiated by probenecid, NSAIDs, trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole.
Mucositis, thrombocytopenia, neutropenia, anemia, abnormal liver function tests, nausea, fatigue, pyrexia, dehydration, sepsis, dyspnea; dermatological reactions (eg, skin exfoliation, ulceration, toxic epidermal necrolysis), tumor lysis syndrome.
Single-use vials (1mL, 2mL)—1
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diet Quality and Glycemic Control in Women With Gestational Diabetes
- Most Foods Containing Fructose Do Not Have Harmful Effect on Glycemic Control
- Effects of a Low-Carbohydrate Diet on Weight Loss Maintenance
- Unhealthy Lifestyle and Rotating Night Shifts Put Nurses at Higher Risk for T2D
- Comparative Assessment of Diabetes Outcomes With Physician, NP, PA Providers
- Normalized HbA1c Levels Facilitate Improved Neuropathy Outcomes in T2D
- Parental Perception of Child Weight Status Predicted by Child BMI z Scores
- Fear Impacts Quality of Life for Young Adults With Type 1 Diabetes
- Five-Year Efficacy Data Announced for Liletta Intrauterine System
- AMA Code of Medical Ethics Guides Physicians in Fighting Harmful Online Health Information