FOLLISTIM AQ CARTRIDGE Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Follitropin beta (recombinant follicle-stimulating hormone) 300 IU, 600 IU, 900 IU; per pre-filled cartridge; soln for SC inj.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for FOLLISTIM AQ CARTRIDGE:
Stimulation of multiple follicles in ovulatory patients undergoing Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART). Induction of ovulation in patients with functional anovulatory infertility that is not due to ovarian failure.
Individualize. ART: initially 150–225 IU daily in the early follicular phase (at least first 5 days), then adjust based on response. Ovulation induction: initially 75 IU daily for at least first 7 days; then adjust weekly based on response. Both: induce final maturation of follicles or ovulation with 5000–10000 IU of hCG (see Precautions).
Ovarian failure. Uncontrolled thyroid or adrenal disease. Undiagnosed abnormal vaginal bleeding. Ovarian cysts or enlargement. Tumor of pituitary, breast, ovary, or uterus. Streptomycin or neomycin allergy. Pregnancy (Cat.X).
Do complete gynecological and endocrinological exam first. Thromboembolic disorders. Do not give hCG if high estrogen levels or excessive numbers of ovarian follicles by ultrasound indicate a high risk of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
OHSS with pulmonary and vascular complications, ovarian enlargement or cysts, abdominal pain (discontinue if occurs), local reactions, risk of high order multiple births.
Vials (0.5mL)—1; Cartridge (w. needles)—1; Follistim Pen (w. needles)—1
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diabetic Retinopathy Risk Not Increased With GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Use in T2D
- Behavioral Weight Loss Interventions May Prevent Obesity
- Early Treatment Intensification and Faster Glycemic Control in T2D
- Executive Function Predicts T1D Management Into Emerging Adulthood
- Intensive Blood Pressure Therapy Lowers Cardiovascular Risk in Diabetes
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Hypertension Treatments: ARBs
- Semaglutide vs Liraglutide for Weight Loss in Patients With Obesity
- Liraglutide May Lower Risk for Foot Amputation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Thyroid Hormone Levels, Body Composition, Insulin Resistance in Euthyroid Patients
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age
- LVAD in Heart Failure Linked to Improved Glycemic Control
- Fundamental Institutional Change Is Needed to Eliminate Sexual Harassment
- Gestational Diabetes Tied to Subsequent Glucose Disorders
- Association Health Plans Can Help Small Businesses Offer Coverage