Generic Name and Formulations:
Flurazepam HCl 15mg, 30mg; caps.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Flurazepam:
15–30mg at bedtime. Elderly or debilitated: initially 15mg at bedtime.
<15yrs: not recommended.
Drug or alcohol abuse. Avoid prolonged use. Withdraw gradually. Suicidal tendencies. Depression. Pulmonary, renal, or hepatic disease. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiates CNS depression with alcohol and other CNS depressants.
CNS depression, complex sleep-related behaviors (eg, sleep-driving), ataxia, headache, GI upset, paradoxical excitement; blurred vision, anaphylaxis, angioedema.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Soluble Klotho Levels Predictive of Kidney Failure in Type 2 Diabetes
- HbA1c Levels Predictive of Liraglutide Treatment Response in T2D
- Clinicians May Be Overtreating Older Patients With Diabetes
- Comorbid and Pharmacologic Factors Increase Risk for Gastrointestinal Disorders in Diabetes
- Obesity Risk in Infants Born to Women With Diabetes
- Diabetes May Decrease Ability to Feel Acid Regurgitation
- Autism Does Not Affect Metabolic Control in Type 1 Diabetes
- Hormonal Contraceptives May Adversely Affect Psychological Health in Adolescent Girls
- Obesity Can Negatively Effect Liver in Children as Young as 8
- Recommendations Developed on Gender Equity in Medicine