FINACEA FOAM Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Azelaic acid 15%; foam; contains propylene glycol.
Indications for FINACEA FOAM:
≥18yrs: Wash and dry skin. Apply thin layer into affected areas twice daily (AM & PM). May apply cosmetics after gel dries.
<18yrs: not established.
Monitor patients with dark complexions for hypopigmentation. Discontinue if sensitivity or severe irritation develops. Avoid eyes, mouth, other mucous membranes, occlusive dressings, topical alcoholic products, abrasives, peeling agents. Reevaluate if no improvement after 12 weeks of treatment. Foam: flammable. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Burning, stinging, tingling, pruritus, scaling, dry skin, xerosis, erythema, irritation, edema, contact dermatitis, acne; worsening of asthma; foam: also application site pain.
Gel—50g tubes; Foam—50g cans
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diabetic Retinopathy Risk Not Increased With GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Use in T2D
- Concurrent Risk Factors and Microvascular Complications in Type 1 Diabetes
- Behavioral Weight Loss Interventions May Prevent Obesity
- Early Treatment Intensification and Faster Glycemic Control in T2D
- Executive Function Predicts T1D Management Into Emerging Adulthood
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Hypertension Treatments: ARBs
- Semaglutide vs Liraglutide for Weight Loss in Patients With Obesity
- Liraglutide May Lower Risk for Foot Amputation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Thyroid Hormone Levels, Body Composition, Insulin Resistance in Euthyroid Patients
- RET Inhibitor Gets Breakthrough Treatment Status for Medullary Thyroid Cancer
- Physical Activity as a Lifestyle Factor Influencing Early Menopause
- Situation Framing, Language Can Influence Decision-Making
- Gains in Insurance Coverage Seen for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual Adults
- Oral Contraceptives Associated With Ventricular Repolarization Alterations