FINACEA FOAM Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Azelaic acid 15%; foam; contains propylene glycol.
Indications for FINACEA FOAM:
≥18yrs: Wash and dry skin. Apply thin layer into affected areas twice daily (AM & PM). May apply cosmetics after gel dries.
<18yrs: not established.
Monitor patients with dark complexions for hypopigmentation. Discontinue if sensitivity or severe irritation develops. Avoid eyes, mouth, other mucous membranes, occlusive dressings, topical alcoholic products, abrasives, peeling agents. Reevaluate if no improvement after 12 weeks of treatment. Foam: flammable. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Burning, stinging, tingling, pruritus, scaling, dry skin, xerosis, erythema, irritation, edema, contact dermatitis, acne; worsening of asthma; foam: also application site pain.
Gel—50g tubes; Foam—50g cans
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Obesity Risk in Infants Born to Women With Diabetes
- Increased Risk for Mortality in People With Diabetes, CHD Taking Beta-Blockers
- Nivolumab Associated With Thyroiditis in Patients With Cancer
- Autism Does Not Affect Metabolic Control in Type 1 Diabetes
- Diabetes May Decrease Ability to Feel Acid Regurgitation
- Gender-Related Association Between Physical Activity, Psychological Status in T2D
- Adverse Neurodevelopmental and Mental Health Outcomes in PCOS
- HbA1c Variability Predicts All-Cause Mortality in Type 2 Diabetes
- Choroidal Thickness Changes in Patients With Untreated Diabetes
- Pre-Pregnancy Fitness Lowers Gestational Diabetes Risk