FEVERALL SUPPOSITORIES OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetaminophen 80mg, 120mg, 325mg; rectal supps.
Indications for FEVERALL SUPPOSITORIES:
Minor pain. Fever.
Under 6 months: not recommended. 6–11 months: 80mg every 6hrs; max 4 doses/24hrs. 1–3yrs: 80mg every 4–6hrs; max 5 doses/24hrs. 3–6yrs: 120mg every 4–6hrs; max 5 doses/24hrs. 6–12yrs: 325mg every 4–6hrs; max 5 doses/24hrs. ≥12yrs: 650mg every 4–6hrs; max 6 doses/24hrs. All: as needed.
Hepatic dysfunction. Discontinue and reevaluate if fever or pain persists >72hrs or condition worsens. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Hepatotoxicity risk increased by chronic, heavy alcohol use. Caution with concomitant warfarin. Avoid other acetaminophen-containing drugs.
Skin reactions (eg, reddening, blisters, rash; discontinue if occurs), hepatotoxicity (overdosage).
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Effect of HbA1c and Perioperative Glucose on Postoperative Mortality
- GLP-1 Agonists Superior to DPP-4 Inhibitors for Reducing HbA1c, Weight in T2D
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Effect of Growth Hormone Treatment on BMD in Adults With Prader-Willi Syndrome
- Once-Daily Oral Contraceptive for Men Shows Promise
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- Gastric Bypass Surgery Linked to Increased Risk for Nonvertebral Fractures
- Metformin May Improve Pregnancy Outcomes in Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- HbA1c Levels Affect Serum Phospholipids, Inflammation inT2D, CVD
- No Cardiovascular Benefit With Fenofibrate in T2D and Hypertriglyceridemia
- Cardiovascular Function May Improve After Cure of Cushing Syndrome
- Primary Prevention Outcomes With Aspirin in T2D and Heart Failure