Generic Name and Formulations:
Sodium hyaluronate 10mg/mL; soln for intra-articular inj.
Ferring Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for EUFLEXXA:
Osteoarthritis of the knee in patients who have failed nonpharmacologic therapy and analgesics (eg, acetaminophen).
Prior to treatment: remove joint effusion (use separate syringe), if present. Inject 2mL (full syringe contents) intra-articularly in each affected knee weekly for 3 weeks. Use separate syringes for each knee.
Knee joint infection or skin disease at inj site.
Repeated treatment cycles: not established. Avoid intravascular injection. Avoid strenuous activity within 48hrs after injection. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Avoid disinfectants with quaternary ammonium salts. Concomitant other intra-articular injectables: not recommended.
Arthralgia, increase blood pressure, inj site pain, local reactions, transient knee inflammation.
Single-use prefilled syringes (2mL)—1
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Effect of HbA1c and Perioperative Glucose on Postoperative Mortality
- GLP-1 Agonists Superior to DPP-4 Inhibitors for Reducing HbA1c, Weight in T2D
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Effect of Growth Hormone Treatment on BMD in Adults With Prader-Willi Syndrome
- Once-Daily Oral Contraceptive for Men Shows Promise
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- Gastric Bypass Surgery Linked to Increased Risk for Nonvertebral Fractures
- Metformin May Improve Pregnancy Outcomes in Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- HbA1c Levels Affect Serum Phospholipids, Inflammation inT2D, CVD
- No Cardiovascular Benefit With Fenofibrate in T2D and Hypertriglyceridemia
- Cardiovascular Function May Improve After Cure of Cushing Syndrome
- Primary Prevention Outcomes With Aspirin in T2D and Heart Failure