Erythromycin Ophthalmic Ointment Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Indications for Erythromycin Ophthalmic Ointment:
Susceptible infections of conjunctiva and cornea.
Adults and Children:
Apply 1cm ribbon of ointment to infected area up to 6 times daily. Prophylaxis of neonatal gonoccocal or chlamydial conjunctivitis: instill 1cm ribbon of ointment into each lower conjunctival sac.
Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Ocular irritation, redness; hypersensivity reactions, superinfection.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Soluble Klotho Levels Predictive of Kidney Failure in Type 2 Diabetes
- Clinicians May Be Overtreating Older Patients With Diabetes
- Comorbid and Pharmacologic Factors Increase Risk for Gastrointestinal Disorders in Diabetes
- Obesity Risk in Infants Born to Women With Diabetes
- Increased Risk for Mortality in People With Diabetes, CHD Taking Beta-Blockers
- Diabetes May Decrease Ability to Feel Acid Regurgitation
- Autism Does Not Affect Metabolic Control in Type 1 Diabetes
- Hormonal Contraceptives May Adversely Affect Psychological Health in Adolescent Girls
- Obesity Can Negatively Effect Liver in Children as Young as 8
- Recommendations Developed on Gender Equity in Medicine