ENTEX LQ OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Guaifenesin 100mg, phenylephrine HCl 10mg; per 5mL; liq; strawberry flavor; alcohol- and sugar-free.
Indications for ENTEX LQ:
Nasal, sinus and chest congestion. Cough.
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not recommended. 2 to <6yrs: 1.25mL. 6 to <12yrs: 2.5mL. ≥12yrs: 5mL. Repeat every 4hrs as needed; max 6 doses/24hrs.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Thyroid disease. Diabetes. Asthma. GI or GU obstruction. Lower respiratory disorders. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Expectorant + sympathomimetic.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. β-blockers may increase pressor effects of sympathomimetics. Antihypertensives antagonized.
Nervousness, dizziness, insomnia.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Cushing Syndrome Results in Poor Quality of Life Even After Remission
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Nonfunctioning Adrenal Incidentaloma Associated With Metabolic Syndrome
- Low Predictive Power of Biomarkers for Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate Decline
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Link Between Gestational Diabetes and Risk for CVD and Diabetes in Hispanic/Latina Population
- Clinical Characteristics Altering Risks and Benefits of Sulfonylureas and Thiazolidinedione Therapy in T2D
- 6 Factors Related to Inclusion in Health Care Workplace Identified
- Weight Gain After Quitting Smoking May Increase Risk for T2D