At the 43-month endpoint, a total of 60.7% (307/506) of the abaloparatide followed by alendronate group had ≥3% increase in bone mass at all 3 sites (P<0.0001) vs. 24% (121/505) of the placebo followed by alendronate group.
To investigate the potential association between male gynecomastia and essential oils, study authors from the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences analyzed 8 common components included in lavender and tea tree oils.
Metformin treatment during pregnancy may improve outcomes in women with polycystic ovary syndrome.
Statins were associated with a reduction in mortality but there was no significant difference in the composite end point with fenofibrates alone or in combination with statins.
Oral micronized progesterone may diminish hot flushes and night sweats in perimenopausal women, according to research presented at ENDO 2018.
Results comparing the prevalence of obesity amongst adolescents with the rate of bariatric surgeries were presented at ENDO 2018.
A new birth control pill for men appears to be safe when used daily for a month, with hormone responses consistent with effective contraception.
Research findings indicate improved glycemic outcomes in children with T1D using the MiniMed 670G system, similar to those observed for adolescents and adults.
Researchers tested whether semen quality and reproductive function could be a marker of general health in men.
A new study presented at ENDO 2018 finds that giving 1 year of estrogen replacement to female athletes with exercise-induced menstrual irregularities improves drive for thinness, body dissatisfaction, and uncontrolled eating.
Sign Up for Free e-Newsletters
Check out what's trending
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Clinicians May Be Overtreating Older Patients With Diabetes
- Obesity Risk in Infants Born to Women With Diabetes
- Increased Risk for Mortality in People With Diabetes, CHD Taking Beta-Blockers
- Autism Does Not Affect Metabolic Control in Type 1 Diabetes
- Nivolumab Associated With Thyroiditis in Patients With Cancer
- Gender-Related Association Between Physical Activity, Psychological Status in T2D
- Adverse Neurodevelopmental and Mental Health Outcomes in PCOS
- HbA1c Variability Predicts All-Cause Mortality in Type 2 Diabetes
- Choroidal Thickness Changes in Patients With Untreated Diabetes
- Pre-Pregnancy Fitness Lowers Gestational Diabetes Risk