Generic Name and Formulations:
L-glutamine 5g; per packet; oral pwd.
Indications for ENDARI:
To reduce acute complications of sickle cell disease.
Adults and Children:
<5yrs: not established. Mix each dose in 8oz (240mL) of cold or room temperature drink (eg, water, milk, apple juice) or 4–6oz of food (eg, applesauce, yogurt) prior to ingestion; complete dissolution not required. ≥5yrs (<30kg): 5g twice daily; (30–65kg): 10g twice daily; (>65kg): 15g twice daily.
Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Constipation, nausea, headache, abdominal pain, cough, pain in extremity, back pain, chest pain.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Testosterone Use Remains High Among Men With Coronary Artery Disease
- Primary Characteristics of PCOS Predictive of Obstetric Complications
- Comparing Osteoporosis Screening, Treatment Strategies in Postmenopausal Women
- Maternal Thyroid Function in Pregnancy Linked to Childhood Risk for Disease
- Cerebral Small Vessel Disease More Common in Individuals With T1D vs General Population
- ADA's 2019 Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes Focus on Patient-Centered Care
- Sleep Habits Affect Insulin Sensitivity in Adolescents With Overweight, Obesity
- Levothyroxine Associated With Increased Mortality in Patients With Heart Failure
- Head-to-Head Comparison of Professional vs Personal CGM Systems in T1D
- Dual vs Triple Therapy for Metformin Treatment Intensification in Type 2 Diabetes
- Risk for Congenital Heart Defects in Offspring of Mothers With Obesity
- Is the MiniMed 670G System Safe for Children With Type 1 Diabetes?
- Gender-Affirming Hormonal Treatment and Long-Term Bone Safety
- Obesity Linked to Lower Gray Matter Brain Volume
- No Evidence for Health Benefits of Nonsugar Sweeteners