Generic Name and Formulations:
L-glutamine 5g; per packet; oral pwd.
Indications for ENDARI:
To reduce acute complications of sickle cell disease.
Adults and Children:
<5yrs: not established. Mix each dose in 8oz (240mL) of cold or room temperature drink (eg, water, milk, apple juice) or 4–6oz of food (eg, applesauce, yogurt) prior to ingestion; complete dissolution not required. ≥5yrs (<30kg): 5g twice daily; (30–65kg): 10g twice daily; (>65kg): 15g twice daily.
Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Constipation, nausea, headache, abdominal pain, cough, pain in extremity, back pain, chest pain.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- ACP Defends Higher Blood Glucose Targets for Type 2 Diabetes
- Updated Clinical Practice Guidelines on Testosterone Therapy in Men With Hypogonadism
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Once-Daily Oral Contraceptive for Men Shows Promise
- HbA1c Levels Affect Serum Phospholipids, Inflammation inT2D, CVD
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- Gastric Bypass Surgery Linked to Increased Risk for Nonvertebral Fractures
- Common Plant-Derived Oils May Contain Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals
- Red Meat Consumption Linked to Insulin Resistance and Steatohepatitis
- Effect of High Androgen Levels on Cardiovascular Risk in Postmenopausal Women
- Fertility in Women Negatively Affected by Asthma Medications
- Glucocorticoid Use in COPD Does Not Increase Fracture Risk