Generic Name and Formulations:
Darifenacin (as HBr) 7.5mg, 15mg; ext-rel tabs.
Indications for ENABLEX:
Overactive bladder with symptoms of urge urinary incontinence, urgency and frequency.
Swallow whole with liquid. Initially 7.5mg once daily; may increase to 15mg once daily after 2 weeks. Moderate hepatic impairment (Child-Pugh B), concomitant potent CYP3A4 inhibitors: max 7.5mg once daily.
Patients with or at risk for: urinary or gastric retention, uncontrolled narrow-angle glaucoma.
Severe hepatic impairment: not recommended. Bladder outflow obstruction. GI obstruction. Severe constipation. Ulcerative colitis. Myasthenia gravis. Controlled narrow-angle glaucoma. Monitor for CNS effects esp. after initiation or dose increases; consider reducing dose or discontinue if occurs. High environmental temperatures. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Potentiated by potent CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole, itraconazole, ritonavir, nelfinavir, clarithromycin, nefazadone); see Adult. May potentiate CYP2D6 substrates with narrow therapeutic indexes (eg, flecainide, thioridazine, TCAs). Additive anticholinergic effects with other anticholinergics.
Constipation, dry mouth, headache, dyspepsia, nausea, UTI, accidental injury, flu symptoms; angioedema (discontinue if occurs), CNS effects (eg, confusion, hallucination, somnolence).
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Cushing Syndrome Results in Poor Quality of Life Even After Remission
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Nonfunctioning Adrenal Incidentaloma Associated With Metabolic Syndrome
- Low Predictive Power of Biomarkers for Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate Decline
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Link Between Gestational Diabetes and Risk for CVD and Diabetes in Hispanic/Latina Population
- Clinical Characteristics Altering Risks and Benefits of Sulfonylureas and Thiazolidinedione Therapy in T2D
- 6 Factors Related to Inclusion in Health Care Workplace Identified
- Weight Gain After Quitting Smoking May Increase Risk for T2D