In type 2 diabetes, improving glycemic control may decrease dementia risk.
EASD 2015 Complete Coverage
Patients with type 2 diabetes may benefit from a high-protein diet.
A closed-loop system improved glucose control, reduced hypoglycemia in type 1 diabetes.
Empagliflozin linked to lower risk for hospitalizations for heart failure and CV death in type 2 diabetes patients with high CVD risk.
Women with diabetes more likely to have heart disease than men.
Young children without garden access more likely to be obese.
Risk for diabetes increased by more than 40%.
Women exposed in early pregnancy have four times the risk for gestational diabetes.
Researcher reports on 3-year-old girl with type 2 diabetes.
Exposure associated with a 61% increased risk for diabetes.
Prevention of cardiovascular events in women with diabetes should be approached differently from men with the disease.
Sign Up for Free e-Newsletters
Check out what's trending
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Testosterone Use Remains High Among Men With Coronary Artery Disease
- Primary Characteristics of PCOS Predictive of Obstetric Complications
- Comparing Osteoporosis Screening, Treatment Strategies in Postmenopausal Women
- Maternal Thyroid Function in Pregnancy Linked to Childhood Risk for Disease
- Cerebral Small Vessel Disease More Common in Individuals With T1D vs General Population
- ADA's 2019 Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes Focus on Patient-Centered Care
- Sleep Habits Affect Insulin Sensitivity in Adolescents With Overweight, Obesity
- Levothyroxine Associated With Increased Mortality in Patients With Heart Failure
- Head-to-Head Comparison of Professional vs Personal CGM Systems in T1D
- Dual vs Triple Therapy for Metformin Treatment Intensification in Type 2 Diabetes
- Risk for Congenital Heart Defects in Offspring of Mothers With Obesity
- Is the MiniMed 670G System Safe for Children With Type 1 Diabetes?
- Gender-Affirming Hormonal Treatment and Long-Term Bone Safety
- Obesity Linked to Lower Gray Matter Brain Volume
- No Evidence for Health Benefits of Nonsugar Sweeteners