DIPHTHERIA AND TETANUS TOXOIDS ADSORBED (for PEDIATRIC USE) Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids; aluminum adsorbed; susp for IM inj; multi-dose vial preserved with thimerosal, single-dose vials contain trace amounts of thimerosal.
Sanofi Pasteur, Inc.
Indications for DIPHTHERIA AND TETANUS TOXOIDS ADSORBED (for PEDIATRIC USE):
Tetanus and diphtheria immunization in patients 6 weeks to 7yrs of age when pertussis vaccine cannot be used.
<6wks and ≥7yrs: not recommended. Give IM in anterolateral thigh or deltoid. 6wks–1yr: three 0.5mL doses 4–8 weeks apart, then 4th dose 6–12 months after third dose. 1–6yrs (up to 7yrs): two 0.5mL doses 4–8 weeks apart, then 3rd dose 6–12 months after the second dose (if >7yrs, use Td vaccine). Booster dose: see literature.
History of systemic allergic or neurologic reactions to a previous dose of DT.
Defer in moderate or severe active respiratory or other febrile infection (may vaccinate if mild or minor illness) or during polio outbreak. Bleeding disorders. Immunosuppressed. Have epinephrine (1:1000) available.
May get suboptimal response with immunosuppressants (eg, chemotherapy, high dose corticosteroids ≥2 weeks, radiation); consider deferring.
Local reactions (eg, erythema, edema), malaise, fever, hypotension, arthralgia, nausea; rare: neurologic disorders.
Multi-dose vial (5mL)—1
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Testosterone Use Remains High Among Men With Coronary Artery Disease
- Primary Characteristics of PCOS Predictive of Obstetric Complications
- Comparing Osteoporosis Screening, Treatment Strategies in Postmenopausal Women
- Maternal Thyroid Function in Pregnancy Linked to Childhood Risk for Disease
- Cerebral Small Vessel Disease More Common in Individuals With T1D vs General Population
- ADA's 2019 Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes Focus on Patient-Centered Care
- Sleep Habits Affect Insulin Sensitivity in Adolescents With Overweight, Obesity
- Levothyroxine Associated With Increased Mortality in Patients With Heart Failure
- Head-to-Head Comparison of Professional vs Personal CGM Systems in T1D
- Dual vs Triple Therapy for Metformin Treatment Intensification in Type 2 Diabetes
- Risk for Congenital Heart Defects in Offspring of Mothers With Obesity
- Is the MiniMed 670G System Safe for Children With Type 1 Diabetes?
- Gender-Affirming Hormonal Treatment and Long-Term Bone Safety
- Obesity Linked to Lower Gray Matter Brain Volume
- No Evidence for Health Benefits of Nonsugar Sweeteners