Generic Name and Formulations:
Isosorbide dinitrate 40mg; sust-rel caps.
Indications for DILATRATE-SR:
Prophylaxis and treatment of angina. Not for acute attacks.
See full labeling. Allow at least an 18-hour interval daily between doses to avoid development of tolerance. Max 160mg/day.
Concomitant PDE inhibitors (eg, sildenafil, tadalafil, vardenafil, avanafil) or riociguat.
Recent MI. CHF. Volume depletion. Hypotension. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Monitor standing blood pressure when increasing doses. Avoid abrupt cessation. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Hypotension potentiated with alcohol, other vasodilators.
Headache, transient lightheadedness, orthostatic hypotension; rare: syncope, angina, rebound hypertension.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Behavioral Weight Loss Interventions May Prevent Obesity
- Executive Function Predicts T1D Management Into Emerging Adulthood
- Association Between Urine Complement Proteins and Kidney Disease, Mortality in T2D
- Intensive Blood Pressure Therapy Lowers Cardiovascular Risk in Diabetes
- Rates of Incident Type 2 Diabetes in Chronic Kidney Disease
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age
- LVAD in Heart Failure Linked to Improved Glycemic Control
- Fundamental Institutional Change Is Needed to Eliminate Sexual Harassment
- Gestational Diabetes Tied to Subsequent Glucose Disorders
- Association Health Plans Can Help Small Businesses Offer Coverage