The device is indicated for ultrasound echo imaging, measurement, and analysis of the human body for general clinical applications including musculoskeletal, vascular, small parts (breast, thyroid), and lung imaging.
Shear wave elastography can be a useful tool in the preliminary diagnostics of parathyroid adenomas.
Thyroid ultrasonography, which may lead to the discovery of incidental nodules, anxiety, and high cost, is not required in evaluation for hypothyroidism.
Diabetes following pancreatic disease often requires higher use of insulin and worse glycemic control.
The American Academy of Pediatrics urges careful consideration between parents and clinicians prior to ordering these tests.
Validation-tool identified "high risk" patients were more likely to report hypoglycemia episodes and subsequent emergence department use.
New monitoring system involves the placement of a small sensor wire beneath the skin surface to continuously monitor glucose levels.
Over 150 variables were identified as possible hypoglycemia risk factors.
Researchers urge physicians to consider polygenic causes for patients with severe hypertriglyceridemia.
Parents of children with an increased genetic risk for type 1 diabetes had higher level of anxiety.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Heritability of BMI Stronger in Obesogenic Environments
- Adverse Events Associated With Diazoxide Treatment for Congenital Hyperinsulinism
- Maternal Gluten Intake Associated With Risk for Type 1 Diabetes in Offspring
- Patterns of Evidence-Based Diabetes Interventions at Local Health Departments
- Bone-Derived Factors in the Treatment of Diabetes
- Severity of Metabolic Syndrome Indicates Risk for T2D, CVD in Prediabetes Treatment
- Atherosclerosis Progression Differs According to Timing of Estradiol Therapy After Menopause
- Sharp Decrease in US Life Expectancy Rankings by 2040
- Patients With Diabetes Have Higher Risk for Death From Alcohol, Accidents, Suicide
- Fertility Rates Decreasing in US for All Urbanization Levels