The device is indicated for ultrasound echo imaging, measurement, and analysis of the human body for general clinical applications including musculoskeletal, vascular, small parts (breast, thyroid), and lung imaging.
Shear wave elastography can be a useful tool in the preliminary diagnostics of parathyroid adenomas.
Thyroid ultrasonography, which may lead to the discovery of incidental nodules, anxiety, and high cost, is not required in evaluation for hypothyroidism.
Diabetes following pancreatic disease often requires higher use of insulin and worse glycemic control.
The American Academy of Pediatrics urges careful consideration between parents and clinicians prior to ordering these tests.
Validation-tool identified "high risk" patients were more likely to report hypoglycemia episodes and subsequent emergence department use.
New monitoring system involves the placement of a small sensor wire beneath the skin surface to continuously monitor glucose levels.
Over 150 variables were identified as possible hypoglycemia risk factors.
Researchers urge physicians to consider polygenic causes for patients with severe hypertriglyceridemia.
Parents of children with an increased genetic risk for type 1 diabetes had higher level of anxiety.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Relationship Between HbA1c and Coronary Artery Disease
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Cushing Syndrome Results in Poor Quality of Life Even After Remission
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Nonfunctioning Adrenal Incidentaloma Associated With Metabolic Syndrome
- Low Predictive Power of Biomarkers for Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate Decline
- FDA to Review Gimoti for Diabetic Gastroparesis in Adult Women
- FDA Approves First Mobile App for Use in Preventing Pregnancy
- Hypothyroidism Predicts Atrial Tachyarrhythmia After AF Catheter Ablation
- Treating Painful Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy With Electroacupuncture