Antioxidants significantly reduced albuminuria vs control.
Researchers examined prescription patterns for 6 classes of medications used among patients with diabetic nephropathy.
Levels of triglycerides and HDL cholesterol are independent risk factors for chronic diabetic kidney disease in type 2 diabetes.
Diabetes increased from 1.86 cases per 1,000 children to 2.82 per 1,000 over more than a decade.
No benefit seen with the diet for prevention of diabetic nephropathy.
A multidisciplinary team-based approach to diabetes management may help prevent complications like diabetic kidney disease.
All doses of patiromer significantly reduced potassium levels after a month.
Life expectancy appears to be shorter in type 1 diabetes, but intensive glycemic therapy has been linked to lower mortality rates.
Researchers find an independent association between subclinical hypothyroidism and diabetic nephropathy in type 2 diabetes.
Measured insulin sensitivity tied to early renal abnormalities in adolescents with type 2 diabetes.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- ADA Releases Updated Guidelines for Managing Pediatric Type 1 Diabetes
- Relationship Between HbA1c and Coronary Artery Disease
- Intermittent vs Continuous Energy-Restricted Diet: Effects on Glycemic Control and Weight Loss T2D
- The Obesity Paradox in Diabetes: Conceptual and Clinical Approaches
- Nonfunctioning Adrenal Incidentaloma Associated With Metabolic Syndrome
- Self-Administered Contraceptive Vaginal System Approved for Up to 1 Year of Use
- Predictors of Weight Loss in Postpartum Women With Gestational Diabetes
- Genetic Screening May Predict Osteoporosis, Fracture Risk
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- AMA Adopts Policy on Augmented Intelligence