Antioxidants significantly reduced albuminuria vs control.
Researchers examined prescription patterns for 6 classes of medications used among patients with diabetic nephropathy.
Levels of triglycerides and HDL cholesterol are independent risk factors for chronic diabetic kidney disease in type 2 diabetes.
Diabetes increased from 1.86 cases per 1,000 children to 2.82 per 1,000 over more than a decade.
No benefit seen with the diet for prevention of diabetic nephropathy.
A multidisciplinary team-based approach to diabetes management may help prevent complications like diabetic kidney disease.
All doses of patiromer significantly reduced potassium levels after a month.
Life expectancy appears to be shorter in type 1 diabetes, but intensive glycemic therapy has been linked to lower mortality rates.
Researchers find an independent association between subclinical hypothyroidism and diabetic nephropathy in type 2 diabetes.
Measured insulin sensitivity tied to early renal abnormalities in adolescents with type 2 diabetes.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Heritability of BMI Stronger in Obesogenic Environments
- Adverse Events Associated With Diazoxide Treatment for Congenital Hyperinsulinism
- Maternal Gluten Intake Associated With Risk for Type 1 Diabetes in Offspring
- Patterns of Evidence-Based Diabetes Interventions at Local Health Departments
- Bone-Derived Factors in the Treatment of Diabetes
- Vitamin D Supplementation Has No Effect on Musculoskeletal Health
- Deep Learning Algorithm Efficiently Detects Vision-Threatening Diabetic Retinopathy
- Industry-Funded Trials Often Involve Employees in Studies
- Nutrition Tips for Physicians: Staying Healthy During Busy Days
- Early-Onset Asthma/Wheezing Associated With Later Childhood Obesity