Secure messaging presents an opportunity for patients and healthcare providers to collaborate on self-management issues like glycemic control, diet, and exercise.
Investigators evaluate the performance of the G6 factory-calibrated continuous glucose monitoring system over 10 days.
The new Flash Glucose Monitoring System enables patients to wear the sensor for up to 14 days compared with the existing FreeStyle Libre System that was approved for 10-day wear.
Investigators conducted a randomized crossover comparison of 2 dual-hormone artificial pancreas systems — one with rapid insulin and amylin, and another with regular insulin and amylin — with a rapid insulin-alone artificial pancreas.
Researchers conducted a randomized, open-label trial to assess the effect of an automated closed-loop insulin delivery system on glycemic control in hospitalized patients.
Patients were randomly assigned to receive insulin aspart or Technosphere inhaled insulin.
The MiniMed 670G system measures glucose levels every 5 minutes and automatically adjusts insulin delivery to avoid highs and lows.
In children with type 1 diabetes, the Omnipod hybrid closed-loop personal model system was safe and performed well.
Investigators compared 2 methods of delivering bolus insulin, pen vs patch, using metrics from continuous glucose monitoring.
The ITCA 650, a small titanium osmotic mini-pump, provides a subcutaneous infusion of exenatide over 3 or 6 months.
Participants completed surveys for fear of hypoglycemia, hypoglycemia unawareness, and problem areas in diabetes questionnaire.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Heritability of BMI Stronger in Obesogenic Environments
- Maternal Gluten Intake Associated With Risk for Type 1 Diabetes in Offspring
- Bone-Derived Factors in the Treatment of Diabetes
- Deep Learning Algorithm Efficiently Detects Vision-Threatening Diabetic Retinopathy
- Thyroid Hormone Therapy Not Beneficial for Subclinical Hypothyroidism
- Bacillus Calmette-Guerin Vaccination Lowers HbA1c in Type 1 Diabetes
- Early Manifestations, Sex Differences May Aid in Acromegaly Diagnosis
- Predictive Variables for Permanent vs Transient Congenital Hypothyroidism
- Aetna-CVS Merger Approved
- The Progression of Health Care From Personalized Medicine to Wellness Genomics and Beyond