The Conversation Map tools help incorporate guidelines to help clinicians individualize diabetes management.
Guidelines on dietary sugar appear to be based on low-quality evidence.
The program was associated with decreased high-fat food consumption and increased physical activity.
Many adolescents and young adults expressed interest in peer mentoring as a way to learn diabetes management skills.
DIAMOS program also linked to significant reduction in risk for incident major depression.
Receiving a scripted telephone call from a diabetes educator or pharmacist did not improve medication adherence among patients with diabetes.
Diabetes self-management education improves glucose control and patient satisfaction in the hospital setting.
Diabetes self-management education was deemed effective in improving HbA1c after 2 years.
Mental health sessions allow patients to manage depression and blood glucose levels more effectively.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Obesity Risk in Infants Born to Women With Diabetes
- Nivolumab Associated With Thyroiditis in Patients With Cancer
- Increased Risk for Mortality in People With Diabetes, CHD Taking Beta-Blockers
- Autism Does Not Affect Metabolic Control in Type 1 Diabetes
- Diabetes May Decrease Ability to Feel Acid Regurgitation
- Risk for Fetal Loss Early in Pregnancy Not Greater With Noninsulin vs Insulin Therapy
- ACP: Position Paper Recommends Solutions to Close Gender Equity Gap
- Vitamin D Insufficiency Associated With Insulin Resistance Independent of Obesity in Children
- Factors Identified to Predict Fatty Liver in Obese Teens
- Artificial Pancreas Treatment Efficacious for Type 1 Diabetes