The Conversation Map tools help incorporate guidelines to help clinicians individualize diabetes management.
Guidelines on dietary sugar appear to be based on low-quality evidence.
The program was associated with decreased high-fat food consumption and increased physical activity.
Many adolescents and young adults expressed interest in peer mentoring as a way to learn diabetes management skills.
DIAMOS program also linked to significant reduction in risk for incident major depression.
Receiving a scripted telephone call from a diabetes educator or pharmacist did not improve medication adherence among patients with diabetes.
Diabetes self-management education improves glucose control and patient satisfaction in the hospital setting.
Diabetes self-management education was deemed effective in improving HbA1c after 2 years.
Mental health sessions allow patients to manage depression and blood glucose levels more effectively.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Single Blood Sample Highly Predictive for Subsequent Diabetes Diagnosis
- Adjunctive Metformin for Insulin Resistance in T1D: A Clinical Perspective
- Effect of Fructose, Allulose on Postprandial Glucose Regulation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Sex Hormone Levels May Affect Postmenopausal Heart Disease Risk
- Fenofibrate Improves Cholesterol Levels in Type 2 Diabetes
- Diabetes Treatments
- Metformin May Decrease Colorectal Cancer Risk Among Males With Diabetes
- SGLT2 Inhibitor, GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Combination Treatment for Type 2 Diabetes: Expert Insights
- Semaglutide May Induce Weight Loss in Type 2 Diabetes Despite BMI
- FDA Clears Omnipod DASH System for Diabetes Management
- CDC: Obesity Prevalence Higher in Non-Metropolitan Counties
- Vascular Mortality Declining in Adults With Diabetes in the United States
- CVS Pharmacy Launches Prescription Delivery Service Nationwide
- Led by AG Sessions, DOJ Declines to Defend ACA Against Federal Lawsuit
- Kidney Function Decline Occurs Nearly Twice as Fast in Diabetes