The Conversation Map tools help incorporate guidelines to help clinicians individualize diabetes management.
Guidelines on dietary sugar appear to be based on low-quality evidence.
The program was associated with decreased high-fat food consumption and increased physical activity.
Many adolescents and young adults expressed interest in peer mentoring as a way to learn diabetes management skills.
DIAMOS program also linked to significant reduction in risk for incident major depression.
Receiving a scripted telephone call from a diabetes educator or pharmacist did not improve medication adherence among patients with diabetes.
Diabetes self-management education improves glucose control and patient satisfaction in the hospital setting.
Diabetes self-management education was deemed effective in improving HbA1c after 2 years.
Mental health sessions allow patients to manage depression and blood glucose levels more effectively.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- ADA Releases Updated Guidelines for Managing Pediatric Type 1 Diabetes
- Relationship Between HbA1c and Coronary Artery Disease
- The Obesity Paradox in Diabetes: Conceptual and Clinical Approaches
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Nonfunctioning Adrenal Incidentaloma Associated With Metabolic Syndrome
- Low Predictive Power of Biomarkers for Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate Decline
- FDA to Review Gimoti for Diabetic Gastroparesis in Adult Women
- FDA Approves First Mobile App for Use in Preventing Pregnancy
- Hypothyroidism Predicts Atrial Tachyarrhythmia After AF Catheter Ablation
- Treating Painful Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy With Electroacupuncture