The Conversation Map tools help incorporate guidelines to help clinicians individualize diabetes management.
Guidelines on dietary sugar appear to be based on low-quality evidence.
The program was associated with decreased high-fat food consumption and increased physical activity.
Many adolescents and young adults expressed interest in peer mentoring as a way to learn diabetes management skills.
DIAMOS program also linked to significant reduction in risk for incident major depression.
Receiving a scripted telephone call from a diabetes educator or pharmacist did not improve medication adherence among patients with diabetes.
Diabetes self-management education improves glucose control and patient satisfaction in the hospital setting.
Diabetes self-management education was deemed effective in improving HbA1c after 2 years.
Mental health sessions allow patients to manage depression and blood glucose levels more effectively.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Heritability of BMI Stronger in Obesogenic Environments
- Maternal Gluten Intake Associated With Risk for Type 1 Diabetes in Offspring
- Bone-Derived Factors in the Treatment of Diabetes
- Deep Learning Algorithm Efficiently Detects Vision-Threatening Diabetic Retinopathy
- Thyroid Hormone Therapy Not Beneficial for Subclinical Hypothyroidism
- Bacillus Calmette-Guerin Vaccination Lowers HbA1c in Type 1 Diabetes
- Early Manifestations, Sex Differences May Aid in Acromegaly Diagnosis
- Predictive Variables for Permanent vs Transient Congenital Hypothyroidism
- Aetna-CVS Merger Approved
- The Progression of Health Care From Personalized Medicine to Wellness Genomics and Beyond