DERMOTIC OIL Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Fluocinolone acetonide 0.01%; otic drops; contains peanut oil.
Hill Dermaceuticals, Inc
Indications for DERMOTIC OIL:
Chronic eczematous external otitis.
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not recommended. ≥2yrs: 5 drops in affected ear twice daily for 7–14 days.
Discontinue if hypersensitivity reactions occur. Avoid eyes. Reevaluate if no improvement within 2 weeks. Pregnancy (Cat.C): not recommended. Nursing mothers.
Local irritation, allergic contact dermatitis, superinfection.
Oil—20mL (dropper bottle)
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Trends in Cardiovascular Deaths for US Adults With and Without Diabetes
- Diabetic Retinopathy Risk Not Increased With GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Use in T2D
- Concurrent Risk Factors and Microvascular Complications in Type 1 Diabetes
- Comparing Efficacies of Second-Line Treatments in Type 2 Diabetes
- Higher Risk for Meningioma Linked to GH Treatment, Radiotherapy During Childhood
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Hypertension Treatments: ARBs
- Semaglutide vs Liraglutide for Weight Loss in Patients With Obesity
- Liraglutide May Lower Risk for Foot Amputation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Thyroid Hormone Levels, Body Composition, Insulin Resistance in Euthyroid Patients
- Behavioral Weight Loss Interventions May Prevent Obesity
- Disaster Preparedness 101: Physician Resources for Patients
- Assessing the Environmental Impact of the Healthcare Industry
- Medical Schools Phase Out Lectures as Education Shifts Outside the Classroom
- Clonidine Testing Is Safe and Reliable for Diagnosing Growth Hormone Deficiency