Generic Name and Formulations:
2-octyl cyanoacrylate; liq topical adhesive; high viscosity.
Indications for DERMABOND:
To hold closed easily approximated skin edges of wounds from surgical incisions, including punctures from minimally invasive surgery, and simple, thoroughly cleansed, trauma-induced lacerations; may be used in combination with deep dermal stitches.
Adults and Children:
See literature. Apply thin layers (at least 2) lightly to dry, cleansed, debrided skin edges of wounds or lacerations.
Active infection, gangrene, or decubitus wounds. Mucosal surfaces or across mucocutaneous junctions (eg, oral cavity, lips), or skin exposed to body fluids, or with dense natural hair (eg, scalp). Formaldehyde or cyanoacrylate sensitivity.
See literature. Do not apply to wet wounds. Avoid eyes, mucous membranes, sun or UV light. Not for use in high skin tension areas (eg, knuckles, elbows, knees). Peripheral vascular disease. Diabetes. Blood-clotting disorders. History of keloid formation or hypertrophy. Burst stellate lacerations. Animal or human bites. Puncture or stab wounds. Monitor for signs of infection.
May be affected by moisture, fluids, excessive heat or radiation. Liquid or ointment medications may weaken bond. Bond may be loosened with petroleum jelly or acetone.
Erythema, edema, pain, thermal discomfort, infection.
Prefilled single-use vial (w. applicator tips or pen applicators)—6, 12
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Effect of HbA1c and Perioperative Glucose on Postoperative Mortality
- GLP-1 Agonists Superior to DPP-4 Inhibitors for Reducing HbA1c, Weight in T2D
- Effect of Growth Hormone Treatment on BMD in Adults With Prader-Willi Syndrome
- Case for Continuous Glucose Monitoring in Youth-Onset Type 2 Diabetes
- Telemedicine Expands Access to Rural, Low-Income, Isolated Communities
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- Pioglitazone May Reduce Cardiovascular, Noncardiovascular Mortality in T2D
- Once-Daily Oral Contraceptive for Men Shows Promise
- MiniMed 670G System Improves Glycemic Outcomes in Children With T1D
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Low Sperm Count Linked to Poor Metabolic, Cardiovascular, Bone Health
- Estrogen Improves Eating Behavior, Psychopathology in Oligo-Amenorrheic Athletes