DDAVP RHINAL TUBE Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Desmopressin acetate 10mcg/0.1mL; intranasal soln.
Ferring Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for DDAVP RHINAL TUBE:
Central (cranial) diabetes insipidus. Temporary polyuria and polydipsia following head trauma or surgery in the pituitary region.
10–40mcg intranasally in 1–3 divided doses; usually 20mcg in two divided doses. Use rhinal tube for doses <10mcg or doses other than multiples of 10mcg.
<3months: not recommended. ≥3months: 5–30mcg daily intranasally in 1–2 divided doses. Use rhinal tube for doses <10mcg or doses other than multiples of 10mcg.
Moderate to severe renal impairment (CrCl <50mL/min). Hyponatremia, or history of.
Monitor fluid intake, urine volume and osmolality. Fluid/electrolyte imbalance (eg, cystic fibrosis). Habitual or psychogenic polydipsia. Coronary artery insufficiency. Hypertension. Inj: Predisposition to thrombosis. Nasal mucosal changes (nasal forms). Young children. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Caution with other pressor agents, drugs that may increase the risk of water intoxication with hyponatremia (eg, tricyclic antidepressants, SSRIs, chlorpromazine, opiates, NSAIDs, lamotrigine, carbamazepine). Possible convulsions with oxybutynin, imipramine.
Headache, nausea, flushing, abdominal cramps, vulval pain, water intoxication, hyponatremia, nasal congestion or rhinitis (nasal forms), inj site reaction; rare: changes in BP, severe allergic reactions, seizures in children from plasma hypoosmolality, thrombotic events (inj).
Tabs—100; Nasal spray—5mL (50 sprays); Rhinal tube—2.5mL (w. 2 rhinal tubes); Amp (1mL)—10; Multi-dose vial (10mL)—1
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- ACP Defends Higher Blood Glucose Targets for Type 2 Diabetes
- Updated Clinical Practice Guidelines on Testosterone Therapy in Men With Hypogonadism
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Once-Daily Oral Contraceptive for Men Shows Promise
- HbA1c Levels Affect Serum Phospholipids, Inflammation inT2D, CVD
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- Gastric Bypass Surgery Linked to Increased Risk for Nonvertebral Fractures
- Common Plant-Derived Oils May Contain Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals
- Red Meat Consumption Linked to Insulin Resistance and Steatohepatitis
- Effect of High Androgen Levels on Cardiovascular Risk in Postmenopausal Women
- Fertility in Women Negatively Affected by Asthma Medications
- Glucocorticoid Use in COPD Does Not Increase Fracture Risk