DAYQUIL COLD & FLU LIQUID OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetaminophen 325mg, dextromethorphan HBr 10mg, phenylephrine HCl 5mg; per 15mL; liq; contains sodium 71mg/15mL.
Procter & Gamble Pharmaceuticals
Indications for DAYQUIL COLD & FLU LIQUID:
Nasal congestion, cough, sore throat, fever, headache, minor aches and pains.
Adults and Children:
<6yrs: not recommended. 6–11yrs: 15mL. ≥12yrs: 30mL. All: repeat every 4 hours; max 5 doses/24 hours (children) or 6 doses/24 hours (adults).
During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Concomitant other acetaminophen products.
Hepatic dysfunction. Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. GI or GU obstruction. Thyroid disease. Diabetes. Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers. Liquid: sodium-restricted diet.
Analgesic + antitussive + sympathomimetic.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Increased risk of hepatotoxicity with ≥3 alcoholic drinks/day. β-blockers may increase the pressor effects of sympathomimetics. Antagonizes antihypertensives.
Nervousness, dizziness, insomnia, hepatotoxicity (overdosage).
LiquiCaps—12, 20, 40, 60; Liq—6oz
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diet Quality and Glycemic Control in Women With Gestational Diabetes
- Most Foods Containing Fructose Do Not Have Harmful Effect on Glycemic Control
- Effects of a Low-Carbohydrate Diet on Weight Loss Maintenance
- Sleep Quality in Women With Surgical vs Natural Menopause
- Unhealthy Lifestyle and Rotating Night Shifts Put Nurses at Higher Risk for T2D
- Hypothyroidism Treatment No Longer Available
- Obesity Subtype May Determine Outcomes After Bariatric Surgery
- Few Physicians Work in Practices That Use Telemedicine
- Skin Autofluorescence Predicts T2D, Heart Disease, Mortality
- ACC: Smoking Cessation Expert Decision Pathway Emphasizes Team-Based Support