Generic Name and Formulations:
Diphtheria and tetanus toxoids, acellular pertussis vaccine; aluminum phosphate adsorbed; susp for IM inj; contains 2-phenoxyethanol, formaldehyde (trace), glutaraldehyde (trace).
Sanofi Pasteur, Inc.
Indications for DAPTACEL:
Diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis immunization in children 6 weeks through 6 years of age (before 7th birthday).
Each dose is 0.5mL IM in anterolateral thigh or deltoid. 5-dose series: Give 1st dose preferably at 2 months of age (may give as early as 6 weeks of age); then give 2nd dose 6–8 weeks later, then give 3rd dose 6–8 weeks later; give 4th dose at 15–20 months of age; give 5th dose at 4–6 years of age. May be used to complete primary series in children who received ≥1 whole-cell DTP doses: see full labeling.
Anaphylaxis associated with any previous dose. Encephalopathy within 7 days after a previous pertussis-containing vaccine. Progressive neurologic disorders (eg, infantile spasms, uncontrolled epilepsy, progressive encephalopathy).
Fever (≥105°F within 48 hours), persistent inconsolable crying (≥3 hours within 48 hours), shock (within 48 hours), seizures (within 3 days), Guillain-Barre Syndrome (within 6 weeks) of previous tetanus toxoid-containing vaccine. Seizure risk (may give antipyretic). Have epinephrine inj (1:1000) available. Immunocompromised. Latex allergy. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
Concomitant vaccines: see full labeling. Immunosuppressants (eg, radiation, chemotherapy, high-dose steroids): may get suboptimal response.
Fussiness/irritability, inconsolable crying, lethargy, fever, inj site reactions.
Single-dose vials (0.5mL)—1, 5, 10
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diabetic Retinopathy Risk Not Increased With GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Use in T2D
- Concurrent Risk Factors and Microvascular Complications in Type 1 Diabetes
- Behavioral Weight Loss Interventions May Prevent Obesity
- Early Treatment Intensification and Faster Glycemic Control in T2D
- Executive Function Predicts T1D Management Into Emerging Adulthood
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Hypertension Treatments: ARBs
- Semaglutide vs Liraglutide for Weight Loss in Patients With Obesity
- Liraglutide May Lower Risk for Foot Amputation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Thyroid Hormone Levels, Body Composition, Insulin Resistance in Euthyroid Patients
- RET Inhibitor Gets Breakthrough Treatment Status for Medullary Thyroid Cancer
- Physical Activity as a Lifestyle Factor Influencing Early Menopause
- Situation Framing, Language Can Influence Decision-Making
- Gains in Insurance Coverage Seen for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual Adults
- Oral Contraceptives Associated With Ventricular Repolarization Alterations