Generic Name and Formulations:
Dalbavancin 500mg; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution and dilution; preservative-free.
Indications for DALVANCE:
Susceptible acute bacterial skin and skin structure infections (ABSSSI).
Give by IV infusion over 30 mins. CrCl ≥30mL/min or on regular hemodialysis: administer 1500mg as single dose, or 1000mg followed by 500mg one week later. Renal impairment (CrCl <30mL/min) and who are not receiving regularly scheduled hemodialysis: administer 1125mg as single dose, or 750mg followed by 375mg one week later.
History of glycopeptide allergy. Discontinue if serious hypersensitivity or skin reactions occur. Moderate or severe hepatic impairment (Child-Pugh Class B or C). Renal impairment (CrCl <30mL/min). Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Nausea, headache, diarrhea, vomiting, rash, pruritus; ALT elevations, infusion-related reactions (eg, Red-Man Syndrome), C. difficile-associated diarrhea (discontinue if occurs).
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Cushing Syndrome Results in Poor Quality of Life Even After Remission
- DPP-4 Inhibitors and Incidence of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Type 2 Diabetes
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Insulin Analogs in Type 2 Diabetes
- Nonfunctioning Adrenal Incidentaloma Associated With Metabolic Syndrome
- Low Predictive Power of Biomarkers for Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate Decline
- Weight Gain After Quitting Smoking May Increase Risk for T2D
- In Teens, Young Adults, High BMI May Hurt Cardiovascular Health
- Obesity Paradox Affects Type 2 Diabetes Mortality Rates
- Bi-Directional Association Observed Between Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Diabetes
- Real-World Data Show Reduced Fracture Rates in Teriparatide-Treated Osteoporosis