Generic Name and Formulations:
Decitabine 50mg/vial; lyophilized pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution and dilution.
Otsuka America Pharmaceutical, Inc.
Indications for DACOGEN:
Myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS) including previously treated and untreated, de novo and secondary MDS of all French-American-British subtypes and Intermediate-1, Intermediate-2, and High-risk International Prognostic Scoring System groups.
May premedicate with antiemetics. Treat for a minimum of 4 cycles; may take longer for a complete or partial response. Regimen 1: Give by continuous IV infusion over 3 hours. 15mg/m2 every 8 hours for 3 days; repeat every 6 weeks. Regimen 2: Give by continuous IV infusion over 1 hour. 20mg/m2 once daily for 5 days; repeat every 4 weeks. Both: dose adjustment based on hematology values: see literature. Non-hematologic toxicities (eg, serum creatinine ≥2mg/dL; SGPT, total bilirubin ≥ 2 X ULN; active or uncontrolled infection): do not restart until toxicity resolved.
Renal or hepatic impairment. Obtain CBC and platelet counts before each dosing cycle and as needed. Monitor hepatic function (do baseline liver chemistries and serum creatinine). Pregnancy (Cat.D); use appropriate contraception (both men and women). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Neutropenia, thrombocytopenia, anemia, leukopenia, fatigue, pyrexia, nausea, cough, petechiae, constipation, diarrhea, hyperglycemia.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diabetic Retinopathy Risk Not Increased With GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Use in T2D
- Concurrent Risk Factors and Microvascular Complications in Type 1 Diabetes
- Higher Risk for Meningioma Linked to GH Treatment, Radiotherapy During Childhood
- Early Treatment Intensification and Faster Glycemic Control in T2D
- Comparing Antidiabetic Drug Classes for Risk of Heart Failure
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Hypertension Treatments: ARBs
- Semaglutide vs Liraglutide for Weight Loss in Patients With Obesity
- Liraglutide May Lower Risk for Foot Amputation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Thyroid Hormone Levels, Body Composition, Insulin Resistance in Euthyroid Patients
- Cochrane Data Release and the Case for "Open Science"
- Rates of Incident Type 2 Diabetes in Chronic Kidney Disease
- Characteristics of Acquired Partial Lipodystrophy With Metabolic Abnormalities
- Poor Glycemic Control Associated With Higher Risk for Dementia in Older Adults With T1D
- Shift Seen From EDs to Urgent Care for Low-Acuity, Acute Care