Generic Name and Formulations:
Cyclopentolate HCl 0.5%, 1%, 2%; oph soln; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for CYCLOGYL:
To produce mydriasis and cycloplegia.
Instill 1 or 2 drops of 0.5%, 1%, or 2% in the eye; may repeat in 5–10 minutes if necessary. Apply digital pressure to lacrimal sac for 2–3 minutes after instillation to reduce systemic absorption.
Small infants: instill 1 drop of 0.5% in the eye; apply pressure over nasolacrimal sac for 2–3 minutes, observe closely for 30 minutes. Children: instill 1 or 2 drops of 0.5%, 1%, or 2% in the eye; may repeat 5–10 minutes later with 0.5% or 1% solution if necessary; apply digital pressure to lacrimal sac for 2–3 minutes after instillation to reduce systemic absorption.
Untreated narrow-angle glaucoma or when untreated anatomically narrow angles are present.
Down's syndrome. Angle-closure glaucoma. Feeding intolerance in infants; withhold feeding for 4 hours after examination. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
May interfere with antihypertensive action of carbachol, pilocarpine, ophthalmic cholinesterase inhibitors.
Ocular effects (eg, increased intraocular pressure, burning, photophobia, blurred vision, irritation, hyperemia, conjunctivitis, blepharoconjunctivitis, punctate keratitis, synechiae); CNS disturbances (esp. in children).
Soln 0.5%—15mL; 1%, 2%—2mL, 5mL, 15mL
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Gender-Affirming Hormonal Treatment and Long-Term Bone Safety
- Predictors of Disordered Eating Behaviors in Teens With Type 1 Diabetes
- Is the MiniMed 670G System Safe for Children With Type 1 Diabetes?
- Risk for Congenital Heart Defects in Offspring of Mothers With Obesity
- Behavioral Modification Improves Fertility in Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Familial Hypercholesterolemia: An Underdiagnosed Disease Gets a Second Look
- Insulin Analogs vs Regular Human Insulin for Type 2 Diabetes
- Depression, Anxiety Predict Physical Health Indices As Strongly As Obesity
- Vaginal Estrogen Use Not Associated With Elevated Chronic Disease Risk
- Intraoperative Monitoring of PTH May Simplify Surgical Care for Primary Hyperparathyroidism
- Linagliptin and Cardiovascular Events in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes
- Private Equity Acquisition of Physician Practices Discussed
- FDA Panel Votes on Novel Osteoporosis Treatment Evenity
- Challenges in Instituting Artificial Intelligence in Health Care
- The Role of Sex Hormones in Primary Headaches: a Review