Cyclobenzaprine HCl Tablets Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Cyclobenzaprine HCl 5mg, 7.5mg, 10mg; tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Cyclobenzaprine HCl Tablets:
Relief of acute muscle spasm, as adjunct to rest and physical therapy.
≥15yrs: initially 5mg 3 times daily, may increase to 10mg 3 times daily; max 2–3 weeks. Elderly or mild hepatic impairment: initially 5mg and then titrate slowly upward.
<15yrs: not established.
Acute post-MI. Arrhythmias, heart block, other conduction disturbances. CHF. Hyperthyroidism. During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Moderate-to-severe hepatic impairment: not recommended. Urinary retention. Glaucoma. Increased intraocular pressure. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Muscle relaxant (central).
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Increased risk of serotonin syndrome with other serotonergic drugs (eg, SSRIs, SNRIs, tricyclic antidepressants, tramadol, bupropion, meperidine, verapamil, or MAOIs); monitor closely. Potentiates anticholinergics, alcohol, other CNS depressants. May antagonize guanethidine, clonidine. Tramadol increases seizure risk.
Drowsiness, dry mouth, dizziness, fatigue, headache, GI upset, asthenia, irritability, nervousness, blurred vision, confusion, arrhythmias, tachycardia, hypotension.
Formerly known under the brand names Flexeril, Fexmid.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diabetic Retinopathy Risk Not Increased With GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Use in T2D
- Concurrent Risk Factors and Microvascular Complications in Type 1 Diabetes
- Behavioral Weight Loss Interventions May Prevent Obesity
- Early Treatment Intensification and Faster Glycemic Control in T2D
- Executive Function Predicts T1D Management Into Emerging Adulthood
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Hypertension Treatments: ARBs
- Semaglutide vs Liraglutide for Weight Loss in Patients With Obesity
- Liraglutide May Lower Risk for Foot Amputation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Thyroid Hormone Levels, Body Composition, Insulin Resistance in Euthyroid Patients
- RET Inhibitor Gets Breakthrough Treatment Status for Medullary Thyroid Cancer
- Physical Activity as a Lifestyle Factor Influencing Early Menopause
- Situation Framing, Language Can Influence Decision-Making
- Gains in Insurance Coverage Seen for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual Adults
- Oral Contraceptives Associated With Ventricular Repolarization Alterations