Cyclobenzaprine HCl Tablets Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Cyclobenzaprine HCl 5mg, 7.5mg, 10mg; tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Cyclobenzaprine HCl Tablets:
Relief of acute muscle spasm, as adjunct to rest and physical therapy.
≥15yrs: initially 5mg 3 times daily, may increase to 10mg 3 times daily; max 2–3 weeks. Elderly or mild hepatic impairment: initially 5mg and then titrate slowly upward.
<15yrs: not established.
Acute post-MI. Arrhythmias, heart block, other conduction disturbances. CHF. Hyperthyroidism. During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Moderate-to-severe hepatic impairment: not recommended. Urinary retention. Glaucoma. Increased intraocular pressure. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Increased risk of serotonin syndrome with other serotonergic drugs (eg, SSRIs, SNRIs, tricyclic antidepressants, tramadol, bupropion, meperidine, verapamil, or MAOIs); monitor closely. Potentiates anticholinergics, alcohol, other CNS depressants. May antagonize guanethidine, clonidine. Tramadol increases seizure risk.
Muscle relaxant (central).
Drowsiness, dry mouth, dizziness, fatigue, headache, GI upset, asthenia, irritability, nervousness, blurred vision, confusion, arrhythmias, tachycardia, hypotension.
Formerly known under the brand names Flexeril, Fexmid.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Obesity Risk in Infants Born to Women With Diabetes
- Increased Risk for Mortality in People With Diabetes, CHD Taking Beta-Blockers
- Nivolumab Associated With Thyroiditis in Patients With Cancer
- Autism Does Not Affect Metabolic Control in Type 1 Diabetes
- Diabetes May Decrease Ability to Feel Acid Regurgitation
- Gender-Related Association Between Physical Activity, Psychological Status in T2D
- Adverse Neurodevelopmental and Mental Health Outcomes in PCOS
- HbA1c Variability Predicts All-Cause Mortality in Type 2 Diabetes
- Choroidal Thickness Changes in Patients With Untreated Diabetes
- Pre-Pregnancy Fitness Lowers Gestational Diabetes Risk