The guideline highlights shared decision making among patients, their families, and physicians for the management of congenital adrenal hyperplasia.
Investigators sought to determine the frequency of metabolic syndrome in patients with nonfunctioning adrenal incidentalomas.
Results from this single-arm, open-label study found that 30% of patients achieved normalization of mean urinary free cortisol (UFC) after 6 months of maintenance treatment with levoketoconazole, without a dose increase (P<.25).
Azedra should be used by or under the control of physicians who are qualified by specific training and experience in the safe use and handling of radiopharmaceuticals.
Administering glucocorticoid leads to entrainment of molecular clocks in human peripheral blood mononuclear cells by regulating BMAL-1 and PER2-3.
Researchers assessed disease presentation and clinical outcomes in an older population of individuals with Cushing disease.
Study assessed cardiovascular function, quality of life, and mental/physical health in overt and cured Cushing syndrome.
Mechanical pain perception and somatosensory function in secondary adrenal insufficiency were examined.
The analysis led to the identification of 4 potentially pathogenic missense variants in CABLES1.
Functional hypothalamic amenorrhea should be diagnosed by exclusion.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diet Quality and Glycemic Control in Women With Gestational Diabetes
- Most Foods Containing Fructose Do Not Have Harmful Effect on Glycemic Control
- Effects of a Low-Carbohydrate Diet on Weight Loss Maintenance
- Sleep Quality in Women With Surgical vs Natural Menopause
- Unhealthy Lifestyle and Rotating Night Shifts Put Nurses at Higher Risk for T2D
- Hypothyroidism Treatment No Longer Available
- Obesity Subtype May Determine Outcomes After Bariatric Surgery
- Few Physicians Work in Practices That Use Telemedicine
- Skin Autofluorescence Predicts T2D, Heart Disease, Mortality
- ACC: Smoking Cessation Expert Decision Pathway Emphasizes Team-Based Support