Cushing's Syndrome Archive
Functional hypothalamic amenorrhea should be diagnosed by exclusion.
The guidelines focused on idiopathic short stature, growth hormone deficiency, and primary IGF-I deficiency.
A case report suggested that combination therapy with growth hormone and anastrozole may improve final height in congenital adrenal hyperplasia.
BACH2 is a major risk locus for Addison's disease, according to a study published in the Journal of Internal Medicine.
In the United Kingdom, rates of the disease were highest for those born in December, while in Poland, rates were highest for those born in January.
Patients with nonfunctional adrenal tumors have a nearly 2-fold increased risk for diabetes.
Updated recommendations from the Endocrine Society revise aldosteronism screening guidelines.
Four-month-old developed iatrogenic Cushing's syndrome after 6 weeks of intranasal dexamethasone ophthalmic solution.
Acute ozone exposure increases stress hormones and causes alterations in peripheral lipid metabolism in humans.
Both high- and low-dose adrenocorticotropic hormone stimulation tests are adequate for including adrenal insufficiency as a diagnosis.
CT scanning followed by adrenal venous sampling was a cost-effective way to screen for primary aldosteronism.
Higher evening salivary cortisol levels tied to lower brain volume, worse cognitive function in older people.
The stress hormone may play a role in PTSD and anxiety.
All patients using corticosteroid therapy are at risk for adrenal insufficiency, and clinicians should educate patients about this risk.
The etiology of Cushing's syndrome affects how long it takes for a patient to recover their adrenal function after surgery.
Chronocort was effective in treating congenital adrenal hyperplasia in a phase 2 trial.
Higher aldosterone levels are linked to increased parathyroid hormone levels, RAAS inhibitors are associated with lower parathyroid hormone concentrations.
Low levels of dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) and its sulfate may predict increased risk for coronary heart disease in men.
Mortality rates are higher among patients with congenital adrenal hyperplasia.
A 33-year-old previously healthy woman, gravida 1, para 0, presented during her first trimester with palpitations and an increase in sweating.
Critical illness alters adrenal glands and contributes to adrenal insufficiency in ICU patients.
Addison disease patients may not benefit from continuous subcutaneous hydrocortisone infusion.
Researchers identify link between poverty during pregnancy and increased cortisol levels in both mothers and their infants.
Patients with adrenal tumors of intermediate phenotype or subclinical Cushing's syndrome are at increased risk of cardiovascular events and mortality compared to those with stable non-secreting adrenal incidentalomas.
A mutation in the PRKACA gene appears to contribute to a rare but severe form of Cushing's syndrome.
Patients with Cushing's syndrome who were administered oral mifepristone (Korlym) daily experienced significant, sustained weight loss over the years as they continued on the medication.
Many patients with adrenal incidentaloma may not receive the necessary care for their condition.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Testosterone Use Remains High Among Men With Coronary Artery Disease
- Insulin Analogs vs Regular Human Insulin for Type 2 Diabetes
- Primary Characteristics of PCOS Predictive of Obstetric Complications
- Trends in Bisphosphonate Use and Hip Fracture Rates in Denmark
- Maternal Thyroid Function in Pregnancy Linked to Childhood Risk for Disease
- ADA's 2019 Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes Focus on Patient-Centered Care
- Sleep Habits Affect Insulin Sensitivity in Adolescents With Overweight, Obesity
- Levothyroxine Associated With Increased Mortality in Patients With Heart Failure
- Head-to-Head Comparison of Professional vs Personal CGM Systems in T1D
- Dual vs Triple Therapy for Metformin Treatment Intensification in Type 2 Diabetes
- Risk for Congenital Heart Defects in Offspring of Mothers With Obesity
- Is the MiniMed 670G System Safe for Children With Type 1 Diabetes?
- Gender-Affirming Hormonal Treatment and Long-Term Bone Safety
- Obesity Linked to Lower Gray Matter Brain Volume
- No Evidence for Health Benefits of Nonsugar Sweeteners