COSOPT PF Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Dorzolamide HCl 2%, timolol maleate 0.5%; oph soln; preservative-free.
Indications for COSOPT PF:
Open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension where β-blocker alone is inadequate.
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not recommended. 1 drop twice daily.
Asthma or history of asthma. Severe COPD. Sinus bradycardia. 2nd- or 3rd-degree AV block. Overt cardiac failure. Cardiogenic shock.
Mild-to-moderate COPD or bronchospastic disease, or severe renal impairment: not recommended. Hepatic impairment. Surgery. May mask hypoglycemia or thyrotoxicosis. Myasthenia gravis. Discontinue if ocular effects occur. Soft contact lenses (remove, may reinsert 15 minutes after instillation). Discontinue at 1st sign of cardiac failure. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Carbonic anhydrase inhibitor (sulfonamide) + noncardioselective beta-blocker.
Concomitant oral carbonic anhydrase inhibitors or other topical β-blockers: not recommended. May potentiate systemic β-blockers, reserpine, hypoglycemic agents, and mydriatic effects of topical epinephrine. May be potentiated by quinidine. May inhibit renal excretion of basic drugs and promote excretion of acidic drugs. May increase salicylate toxicity (acidosis). Possible conduction defects, left ventricular failure, or hypotension with calcium channel blockers, digoxin. May block epinephrine.
Taste perversion; ocular burning, stinging, or itching; conjunctival hyperemia, blurred vision, superficial punctate keratitis; possible systemic effects.
Cosopt—10mL; Cosopt PF—60 (single-use 0.2mL containers)
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Behavioral Weight Loss Interventions May Prevent Obesity
- Executive Function Predicts T1D Management Into Emerging Adulthood
- Association Between Urine Complement Proteins and Kidney Disease, Mortality in T2D
- Intensive Blood Pressure Therapy Lowers Cardiovascular Risk in Diabetes
- Rates of Incident Type 2 Diabetes in Chronic Kidney Disease
- Bioethics Concerns Should Be a Key Element in mHealth Technology Development
- Gestational Diabetes Associated With Increased Risk for Postpartum Depression
- High Prevalence of Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome May Favor Screening in Diabetes
- Update on the T2D-Dementia Link: Interview With Experts
- Dozens of Medical Groups Join Forces to Improve Diagnoses