Generic Name and Formulations:
Nadolol, bendroflumethiazide; 40mg/5mg, 80mg/5mg; scored tabs.
Indications for CORZIDE:
Titrate components. Renally impaired: increase dosing interval; see literature.
Asthma. Sinus bradycardia. 2nd- or 3rd-degree AV block. Overt heart failure. CHF. Cardiogenic shock. Anuria. Sulfonamide allergy.
Ischemic heart disease. Bronchospastic disease, COPD. Renal or hepatic dysfunction. Gout. Diabetes. Postsympathectomy. Hyperthyroidism. Monitor electrolytes, renal function. Surgery. SLE. Avoid abrupt cessation. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Hypotension with alcohol, CNS depressants, MAOIs, prazosin, other antihypertensives. Bradycardia with catecholamine-depleting drugs. Adjust antidiabetic, anticoagulant medication. ACTH, amphotericin B, corticosteroids increase hypokalemia risk. May increase toxicity of diazoxide, digitalis, lithium, verapamil, lidocaine. Antagonized by NSAIDs. Antagonizes methenamine, antigout drugs. May block epinephrine. May interfere with glaucoma, parathyroid screening tests.
Noncardioselective beta-blocker + diuretic.
Cardiac failure, bronchospasm, bradycardia, heart block, fatigue, fluid and electrolyte imbalance, orthostatic hypotension, GI upset, dizziness, blurred vision, cold extremities, rash, pruritus, blood dyscrasias.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Effect of HbA1c and Perioperative Glucose on Postoperative Mortality
- GLP-1 Agonists Superior to DPP-4 Inhibitors for Reducing HbA1c, Weight in T2D
- Semaglutide May Be Useful for Treating Obesity in People Without Diabetes
- Effect of Growth Hormone Treatment on BMD in Adults With Prader-Willi Syndrome
- Once-Daily Oral Contraceptive for Men Shows Promise
- American College of Physicians Releases 4 Guidelines for HbA1c Targets in T2D
- Dyslipidemia Drug Indications
- No Difference in Weight Loss Outcomes With Low-Fat vs Low-Carbohydrate Diet
- Damaging Effects of Gastric Bypass Surgery on Bone Mass and Microarchitecture
- Gastric Bypass Surgery Linked to Increased Risk for Nonvertebral Fractures
- Metformin May Improve Pregnancy Outcomes in Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- HbA1c Levels Affect Serum Phospholipids, Inflammation inT2D, CVD
- No Cardiovascular Benefit With Fenofibrate in T2D and Hypertriglyceridemia
- Cardiovascular Function May Improve After Cure of Cushing Syndrome
- Primary Prevention Outcomes With Aspirin in T2D and Heart Failure