Generic Name and Formulations:
Nadolol, bendroflumethiazide; 40mg/5mg, 80mg/5mg; scored tabs.
Indications for CORZIDE:
Titrate components. Renally impaired: increase dosing interval; see literature.
Asthma. Sinus bradycardia. 2nd- or 3rd-degree AV block. Overt heart failure. CHF. Cardiogenic shock. Anuria. Sulfonamide allergy.
Ischemic heart disease. Bronchospastic disease, COPD. Renal or hepatic dysfunction. Gout. Diabetes. Postsympathectomy. Hyperthyroidism. Monitor electrolytes, renal function. Surgery. SLE. Avoid abrupt cessation. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Noncardioselective beta-blocker + diuretic.
Hypotension with alcohol, CNS depressants, MAOIs, prazosin, other antihypertensives. Bradycardia with catecholamine-depleting drugs. Adjust antidiabetic, anticoagulant medication. ACTH, amphotericin B, corticosteroids increase hypokalemia risk. May increase toxicity of diazoxide, digitalis, lithium, verapamil, lidocaine. Antagonized by NSAIDs. Antagonizes methenamine, antigout drugs. May block epinephrine. May interfere with glaucoma, parathyroid screening tests.
Cardiac failure, bronchospasm, bradycardia, heart block, fatigue, fluid and electrolyte imbalance, orthostatic hypotension, GI upset, dizziness, blurred vision, cold extremities, rash, pruritus, blood dyscrasias.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diet Quality and Glycemic Control in Women With Gestational Diabetes
- Most Foods Containing Fructose Do Not Have Harmful Effect on Glycemic Control
- Effects of a Low-Carbohydrate Diet on Weight Loss Maintenance
- Hypothyroidism Treatment No Longer Available
- Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals in Personal Care Products Linked to Early Puberty
- Normalized HbA1c Levels Facilitate Improved Neuropathy Outcomes in T2D
- Parental Perception of Child Weight Status Predicted by Child BMI z Scores
- Fear Impacts Quality of Life for Young Adults With Type 1 Diabetes
- Five-Year Efficacy Data Announced for Liletta Intrauterine System
- AMA Code of Medical Ethics Guides Physicians in Fighting Harmful Online Health Information