For patients with panic disorder with agoraphobia, cortisol mediates the effect of the time of day on subsequent outcome.
Patients with nonfunctional adrenal tumors have a nearly 2-fold increased risk for diabetes.
The first-ever guideline from Endocrine Society on Addison's disease details specifics of diagnostic tests and glucocorticoid therapy.
Acute ozone exposure increases stress hormones and causes alterations in peripheral lipid metabolism in humans.
'Ultraman' competitors experience muscle damage and insulin resistance, researchers find.
Guideline focuses on surgical resection to normalize cortisol levels.
Higher evening salivary cortisol levels tied to lower brain volume, worse cognitive function in older people.
The stress hormone may play a role in PTSD and anxiety.
Sugar consumption may suppress the hormone cortisol as well as stress responses in the brain.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Clinicians May Be Overtreating Older Patients With Diabetes
- Obesity Risk in Infants Born to Women With Diabetes
- Increased Risk for Mortality in People With Diabetes, CHD Taking Beta-Blockers
- Autism Does Not Affect Metabolic Control in Type 1 Diabetes
- Nivolumab Associated With Thyroiditis in Patients With Cancer
- Gender-Related Association Between Physical Activity, Psychological Status in T2D
- Adverse Neurodevelopmental and Mental Health Outcomes in PCOS
- HbA1c Variability Predicts All-Cause Mortality in Type 2 Diabetes
- Choroidal Thickness Changes in Patients With Untreated Diabetes
- Pre-Pregnancy Fitness Lowers Gestational Diabetes Risk