For patients with panic disorder with agoraphobia, cortisol mediates the effect of the time of day on subsequent outcome.
Patients with nonfunctional adrenal tumors have a nearly 2-fold increased risk for diabetes.
The first-ever guideline from Endocrine Society on Addison's disease details specifics of diagnostic tests and glucocorticoid therapy.
Acute ozone exposure increases stress hormones and causes alterations in peripheral lipid metabolism in humans.
'Ultraman' competitors experience muscle damage and insulin resistance, researchers find.
Guideline focuses on surgical resection to normalize cortisol levels.
Higher evening salivary cortisol levels tied to lower brain volume, worse cognitive function in older people.
The stress hormone may play a role in PTSD and anxiety.
Sugar consumption may suppress the hormone cortisol as well as stress responses in the brain.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diabetic Retinopathy Risk Not Increased With GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Use in T2D
- Behavioral Weight Loss Interventions May Prevent Obesity
- Executive Function Predicts T1D Management Into Emerging Adulthood
- Early Treatment Intensification and Faster Glycemic Control in T2D
- Intensive Blood Pressure Therapy Lowers Cardiovascular Risk in Diabetes
- Nutraceuticals May Benefit Patients Who Are Statin Intolerant
- Hypertension Treatments: ARBs
- Semaglutide vs Liraglutide for Weight Loss in Patients With Obesity
- Liraglutide May Lower Risk for Foot Amputation in Type 2 Diabetes
- Thyroid Hormone Levels, Body Composition, Insulin Resistance in Euthyroid Patients
- RET Inhibitor Gets Breakthrough Treatment Status for Medullary Thyroid Cancer
- Physical Activity as a Lifestyle Factor Influencing Early Menopause
- Situation Framing, Language Can Influence Decision-Making
- Gains in Insurance Coverage Seen for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual Adults
- Oral Contraceptives Associated With Ventricular Repolarization Alterations