For patients with panic disorder with agoraphobia, cortisol mediates the effect of the time of day on subsequent outcome.
Patients with nonfunctional adrenal tumors have a nearly 2-fold increased risk for diabetes.
The first-ever guideline from Endocrine Society on Addison's disease details specifics of diagnostic tests and glucocorticoid therapy.
Acute ozone exposure increases stress hormones and causes alterations in peripheral lipid metabolism in humans.
'Ultraman' competitors experience muscle damage and insulin resistance, researchers find.
Guideline focuses on surgical resection to normalize cortisol levels.
Higher evening salivary cortisol levels tied to lower brain volume, worse cognitive function in older people.
The stress hormone may play a role in PTSD and anxiety.
Sugar consumption may suppress the hormone cortisol as well as stress responses in the brain.
Endocrinology Advisor Articles
- Diet Quality and Glycemic Control in Women With Gestational Diabetes
- Most Foods Containing Fructose Do Not Have Harmful Effect on Glycemic Control
- Effects of a Low-Carbohydrate Diet on Weight Loss Maintenance
- Sleep Quality in Women With Surgical vs Natural Menopause
- Unhealthy Lifestyle and Rotating Night Shifts Put Nurses at Higher Risk for T2D
- Serious Adverse Events Linked to SGLT2 Inhibitors
- Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals in Personal Care Products Linked to Early Puberty
- History of Partner Violence Tied to Menopause Symptoms
- Patients Commonly Withhold Medically Relevant Information From Clinicians
- "Gender Panic" in Clinical Settings: Protecting Public Accommodations Access for Transgender Individuals